Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lotologist492 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Seddy wrote: What didn’t suck was the ability to get wet on a hot Georgia summer day, without having to wait in line. I have memories from my years as a youth - standing on that bridge with a big smile on my face as the boats approached the drop. Im sure there are several long-term Georgia residents who have the same memories. No other ride in the park offered that experience. It may have been a ‘cloned’ ride but it was a ‘cloned’ ride that satisfied - Which is why it was there for as long as it was. Im sad to see it go.

Actually the park has done pretty well giving guests a way to get wet on hot days. I remember in 2003, the park did the unthinkable for Splashwater Falls when they installed splash deflectors on the boats, presumably to protect the adjacent Dahlonega Mine Train wooden supports from damage as well as the wooden observation bridge itself. It sounds crazy but that was the explanation I was given from then park management. This brought an end to that glorious splash on the bridge and forever ended my interest in this ride. But - fast forward to 2005 when the park added "Skull Island" (now "Paradise Island" inside Hurricane Harbor), guests were given an instant way to cool off without waiting in any line. Although the rest of Hurricane Harbor would not be added for another nine years, I spent many hours cooling off in this standalone water play structure. If anything, our park would be smart to add water sprinklers around the park like SFoT has. This would fill the need for guests not wanting to enter the water park or for after hours when only the 'dry' park is open.

I know many here complain about cloned rides but quite frankly, I would much rather get an off the shelf model of something which has been tested and is reliable versus some prototype first-of-its-kind ride that wows the media but may or may not be a hit or may or may not function reliably. (Batman & Robin: The Chiller anyone?)

Right now, my money is on an S&S 4D Free Spin for 2020. If they give it a Scream Punk Theme they might use the previously discarded "Total Mayhem" name and have 'gears' on it, similar to Pandemonium. Otherwise if they go with DC, they could use Cyborg or the previously suggested Wonder Woman theme.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby 01ranger » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Is there any chance that the park just plans on refurbishing splash waterfalls after all six flags now has all the parts form both rides at six flags over Texas and fiesta Texas

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:29 pm

I think that's an unlikely scenario. Ride parts are likely headed to Six Flags St. Louis.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ALT2870 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:24 pm

Double Post
Last edited by ALT2870 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:27 pm.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ALT2870 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:26 pm

Seddy wrote:I feel like SFOG (being one of the first Six Flags parks) should get something out of the ordinary to replace such a classic ride in the park.

Six Flags St. Louis would like to have a word with you.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby yodelo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:41 am

Hello Everyone! I will be going to SFOG on Saturday, September 14th.

Does anyone have a suggested touring plan if I will be arriving late? The park opens at 10AM but I will likely get there at 10:30AM once I drive from the airport. Also, any suggestions for places to eat? I have a season dining pass, so I can get lunch, dinner and a snack.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:24 am

Dare Devil Dive and Superman get the longest lines - since you can't rope drop one of those if you aren't getting a Flash Pass just plan to wait a while. Twisted Cyclone moves pretty fast but will get a line as well.

Give yourself time to ride Mindbender a few times as it is awesome! Don't miss the Monster Mansion as it is super quirky and fun. I usually eat at JB's as the food is good and you get good portions.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby richwoodrocket » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:07 am

I think the Mack Power Splash makes a good replacement. It's an updated version of essentially the same ride. It's goal is to get you wet, and the GP will probably like it better than Splash water falls, due to the launches, and the near vertical track at each end. These smaller coasters, like the gerstlauer euro fighters are going for as steep of a drop and lifthill as possible, and these rides seem to be well received.
The power splash combines a lot of the latest and greatest elements of coasters and puts them into a water ride. I like it, and hopefully we will see more of them come to the states to replace the countless aging log flumes, and splash water falls clones that are out there.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:11 am

richwoodrocket wrote: to replace the countless aging log flumes

watch yourmouth.gif

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:15 am

I know I didn't just read that :lol: (aside from the Splash Boat part, I legitimately don't care what happens to those).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!