Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: shoesfather, Wanleft and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby JJLehto » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:02 am

Superb, thanks!!!
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Postby JJLehto » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Wow! Goliath kicks some major ass. In fact, having ridden both at least 7 times today I think Im prepared to say, I will give the (slight) edge to Goliath over Twisted Cyclone!
Well...maybe, at the least they're equal which I didn't expect. What a ride. In back there was sustained, pretty strong, air on every drop and....force, alot of it, on a B&M!? That helix is epic, and there were some moments that threw ya around. What a great ride.

TC gets put on a lower tier of RMC's but IDK. Its a bit short yeah but packs a punch! Also that wave turn was one of the coolest things I have felt
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:39 pm

^That's exciting to hear. I love B&M Hypers and hear Goliath was one of the best out there. I can't wait to ride it for the first time in a few weeks.
Steel: 172 / Wood: 32 / Total: 204
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shoesfather » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:50 am

Made it to the park for the first time this year on Friday evening. Came in around 5:15 after work. It was pouring rain so people were leaving in droves when I got there. We walked around for around 45 mins and nothing was open, not even the Justice League dark ride. Around 6, JL opened and we rode that a couple times. After that, the sky started to clear and rides began opening. Was able to get on Goliath x3, TC x2, Pandemonium, Georgia Scorcher, GASM (BIG OOF 0/10) and Mind Bender in the last couple hours. Really enjoyed Pandemonium. Hope they keep going with the theme in that area, bc as of now its kind of bare, but has potential. Good first evening at the park!

Postby JJLehto » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:50 am

Yea I lucked out. Weather said rain would start like 2...so I was rushing to get much done as possible but the rain held off for me. Kept people away though I'm guessing.
Crowds were so dead, got to do something I never imagined possible at Six FLags in 2019...was able to ride Goliath multiple times without getting up. No joke 1 train ops (which hey I get) and people throwing up (happened 3 times!) slowed up many lines more than they actually were.

thrillseeker4552 Yeah I heard good things about Goliath and damn, what a ride!

Their coaster selection overall was pretty decent actually.
Georgia Scorcher was actually pretty decent.
GASM was good if ya like a rough ride. I do but holy smokes that one pushed it even for me.
Blue Hawk was kind of fun. Not great or anything but wasn't bad, I liked all the near misses. Was probably horrible with the old trains and pre track work.
Mind Bender was good, glad it's still here.
Batman the Ride. Ya know what it is, still fun and crazy intense though.

Dare Devil Dive was a let down, totally forceless and lame. Even the drop wasn't so great.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:16 am

^Glad you had a good time at SFoG - I've always really liked the park and am glad to call it my home park.

You are right about Scream Machine - it is BRUTAL this year, but underneath the spinal readjustment you can see the amazing classic woodie that is still there.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby emarkd » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Made it to the park for the first time this year. Great day, beautiful weather and light crowds. In fact there was nobody there this morning, walk-ons everywhere I went, and only started picking up a bit in the afternoon. Ops were fine, a few things were closed, food service was as slow as ever -- I can't tell they changed anything there. Oh well.

The highlight of the day, without a doubt....Pandemonium is fantastic! It was my first time on a Giant Discovery and I loved it! Can't wait to ride again! I dig the theming too, I just hope they keep going and build that area out. It needs more, but they got a great start. This is such a great addition to the park this year!

Postby JJLehto » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:22 pm

jynx242 wrote:^Glad you had a good time at SFoG - I've always really liked the park and am glad to call it my home park.

You are right about Scream Machine - it is BRUTAL this year, but underneath the spinal readjustment you can see the amazing classic woodie that is still there.

Yeah it looks beautiful. No kidding though, I like a rough ride but damn, I didn't even feel any airtime because I just being shook so much. It was the kind of rattling where my ass was being thrown up and down constantly...I can take rattling, being thrown around, some violent moves but yeah that felt I did bodily damage to myself.

Oh Pandemonium was great. I love those rides personally and cool theming indeed.
I should say, I also did my first Larson Super Loop while there :lmao: I mean it WAS fun enough but lol @ calling it a coaster.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:17 pm

If they were to put a Free Spin in SWF's spot they could break out the Total Mayhem name again and expand on the Screampunk theme.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby The username » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Really don't want a free-spin, as they are low capacity and from my experience, more disorienting than thrilling. Hoping for something like Maxx-force if it goes well up at Great America.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!