Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:01 am

shoesfather wrote:Was there any word at the Winter Warm Up on when they expected the new discovery to open up?

Not as far as I heard. I THINK it’s opening in May?
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby tndank » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:05 am

They said Pandemonium is scheduled to open May 23rd. Don't think they said anything about the area outside of that.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby The username » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:15 pm

Does anyone know if there are any discounted park tickets for opening weekend for people with season passes?

Postby mayb78910 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:06 pm

I’m glad Scorcher is finally getting some attention! I wonder why some parts are gray and some white? I know it was said possibly primer but I would think the gray is primer. What if it is white with differ color supports! That would really look nice!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:20 pm

The username wrote:Does anyone know if there are any discounted park tickets for opening weekend for people with season passes?

Yes. Weekends from March 9-24. It's one time usage however.
I would assume it's also only available if SFOG is your home park with this offer.
SFOG BAF March.JPG
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:42 pm

mayb78910 wrote:I’m glad Scorcher is finally getting some attention! I wonder why some parts are gray and some white? I know it was said possibly primer but I would think the gray is primer. What if it is white with differ color supports! That would really look nice!

I believe the gray sections are simply portions that have had the old paint sanded off so you are just seeing plain steel. Then the white is primer. That’s my guess anyway. I’m very curious to find out what the final color scheme will be!

Postby The username » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:39 am

SFOG1991 wrote:I believe the gray sections are simply portions that have had the old paint sanded off so you are just seeing plain steel. Then the white is primer. That’s my guess anyway. I’m very curious to find out what the final color scheme will be!

That would make sense, considering how bad the paint had gotten. The only thing they could do was take it off and start over.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:24 pm

Hey everyone,

So as some of you know, I'm visiting Six Flags Over Georgia on Saturday the 30th, and I need advice! I'll only be there for about 5 hours (2:00 to 7:00), so keep that in mind when responding.

1. What is the best order to hit up the coasters and thrilling flat rides? I know that SFOG can get REALLY busy so the best advice possible for the short period of time is helpful. I'm not very knowledgeable on the non-coasters at SFOG, so give me your recommendations for what to ride here. Also the only credits I have at the park are GA Scorcher, Batman, Mind Bender, GASM, and DMT. Being the credit whore I am, DDD, Goliath, Joker, Superman, TwiCy and Blue Hawk to be on the list somewhere, plus re-rides on the other coasters.

2. What are the best restaurants for lunch and dinner? (best snacks in the park would be a nice bonus too :) )

3. "Magic" seats or the best rows/seats on coasters? I love trying multiple seats for the best possible ride so I always ask those questions when trip planning.

Thanks!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:50 pm

jlp94 wrote:Hey everyone,

So as some of you know, I'm visiting Six Flags Over Georgia on Saturday the 30th, and I need advice! I'll only be there for about 5 hours (2:00 to 7:00), so keep that in mind when responding.

Thanks!

Keep in mind that March 30th is the first day for Spring Break in the Atlanta area. The place will be completely swamped with people (unless it's actually raining all day). You will likely need the Flash Pass (and not just the basic level either) in order to get all the rides in you're looking to do in 5 hours at that park. Of course I'd wait to get to the park to make the purchase. The last time I went there on a Saturday in the early part of the season, I was only able to get on 3 coasters the whole day (though we entered the park at 1pm and stayed til close).

Here are the prices for each level of Flash Pass for March 30:
sfofmarch30fp.JPG
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 pm

^ I assume you mean "Joker's Funhouse" and not "Joker Chaos Coaster". . since the 2nd one is a Super Loops (fun, but not a coaster. . sorry Six Flags).

Expect: Superman, DDD, and Twisted Cyclone to have the longest lines from your list (DDD due to capacity, and Superman due to the loading times).

so.. yeah. . I'd splurge for Flash Pass, as you only have 5 hours. it will let you cut most of the lines and get on everything you want.

tho really no great loss if you skip Blue Hawk . .it's still terrible.

it's also good for many of the flats - in particular Monster Mansion (an insane classic "WTF" dark ride via boat), and Acrophobia - a unique stand up drop tower (that was down during my 1 prior visit to the park).

SFOG also has the best themed Wave Swinger (Gotham City Crime Wave) and a great version of Justice League (where all aspects of it were working on our visit).

oh, and the river raft ride here, Thunder River? WILL get you *soaked*.. so plan accordingly with a baggie for your phone/wallet.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!