Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lotologist492 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:40 pm

SFOG1991 wrote:Thank you for posting the video here! I was sad I couldn’t go. I went last year and it was a great experience. I’m curious what the “breaking news” is but I guess I’ll have to wait and see!

While it is not surprising Panda Express is going away, they are making an interesting replacement: Strutters (will feature bone-in chicken wings - I am all for that!) while most other Panda replacements in the SF chain are "Chop Six". One must wonder if JD's Sports will change their menu a bit since seemingly two out of three food locations serve chicken. Also - excited to hear DeeJay's will be getting self-service soft drinks (Freestyle machines I assume). At any rate, we can all hope the food/bev experience is upgraded park wide. Kudos to the park for their planned upgrades to three of their establishments!

It sounds like a lot of good things are in the works, far beyond a new Giant Discovery. On March 9th we will discover...

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:07 am

I was present at Winter Warm Up too, you know... got to meet the legend himself Dan Koch, saw Copperhead Strike up close, etc. etc. Also snagged free tickets with Flash Passes to Six Flags Fiesta Texas! Yay!

Also, about the “Breaking News”, don’t get yourselves too hyped up. I was sworn to secrecy, and all I can say is it’ll be a welcome announcement for Six Flags Over Georgia fanboys. ;)
Last edited by Kw6sTheatee on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:22 am.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby yawetag » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:13 am

Lotologist492 wrote:most other Panda replacements in the SF chain are "Chop Six".

Is it "Chop Six" (which makes sense seeing it written) or "Chop Sticks"? The guy for Fiesta Texas seemed to say "Six" the first time but "Sticks" the second time.

Lotologist492 wrote:excited to hear DeeJay's will be getting self-service soft drinks (Freestyle machines I assume).

Freestyle machines are dining establishment nightmares. They take a lot of maintenance and up-keep. Guests love them, though, so many places suffer through them.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:43 am

yawetag wrote:Is it "Chop Six" (which makes sense seeing it written) or "Chop Sticks"? The guy for Fiesta Texas seemed to say "Six" the first time but "Sticks" the second time.

Seems to be a play on words, and I can see them mistakenly saying sticks. That's the whole point of the play on words.

Expect it will mistakenly be called stick until they close/rename them.

Freestyle machines are dining establishment nightmares. They take a lot of maintenance and up-keep. Guests love them, though, so many places suffer through them.

I personally dislike them. I'd rather a traditional fountain with a decent selection.

It is a neat idea, but doesn't work.

Too many choices causes people to spend wat to much time. And a large number of the options are bad. Like the flavor ad-ins (cheery, grape, orange, etc) never seem to be the right mix. Normally to weak.

Maybe a limited version with the top 10-12 choices, all visible on the main screen.

Postby Lotologist492 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:59 pm

yawetag wrote:
Lotologist492 wrote:most other Panda replacements in the SF chain are "Chop Six".

Is it "Chop Six" (which makes sense seeing it written) or "Chop Sticks"? The guy for Fiesta Texas seemed to say "Six" the first time but "Sticks" the second time.

See image below - it is a (marginally) clever play on words. I was able to try Chop Six for myself last summer at SFA; it was not bad nor was it great, but it was another option.

Lotologist492 wrote:excited to hear DeeJay's will be getting self-service soft drinks (Freestyle machines I assume).

Agreed - Freestyle machines have been an on again off again nightmare -but- the technology is improving - and getting less expensive. I am seeing these machines in more and more places and for the most part they operate problem free. However, a fast food establishment environment is much different than a theme park with the sheer volume of guests using them. That is where durability and ease of use are a must. Hopefully the employees will be fully trained on reloading and maintaining them.

Coca Cola likes having these machines in a busy location like SF because of the data they collect. The Freestyles do more than just dispense your beverage. They gather data on what drinks / combinations guests are selecting and make marketing decisions based on that info. In fact, Coke is expected to debut a Coke Orange flavor during the Final Four next month, a direct result of the choices made at all Freestyle machines, including the ones inside Six Flags.

At any rate, the more of these machines that are installed in the park, the more spread out users will be and the less overburdened any one machine will be.
ChopSix logo.jpg
Chop Six logo in use at other SF parks.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:58 pm

It's finally happening:

Picture credit: https://www.facebook.com/MetroAtlantaCoasterClub

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:31 pm

Lotologist492 wrote:Agreed - Freestyle machines have been an on again off again nightmare -but- the technology is improving - and getting less expensive. I am seeing these machines in more and more places and for the most part they operate problem free. However, a fast food establishment environment is much different than a theme park with the sheer volume of guests using them. That is where durability and ease of use are a must. Hopefully the employees will be fully trained on reloading and maintaining them.

Coca Cola likes having these machines in a busy location like SF because of the data they collect. The Freestyles do more than just dispense your beverage. They gather data on what drinks / combinations guests are selecting and make marketing decisions based on that info. In fact, Coke is expected to debut a Coke Orange flavor during the Final Four next month, a direct result of the choices made at all Freestyle machines, including the ones inside Six Flags.

At any rate, the more of these machines that are installed in the park, the more spread out users will be and the less overburdened any one machine will be.

I'm a fan of the Freestyle machines, even if I'm only getting a flavored water.

However, Barqs Cream Soda with Orange flavor (and a bit of Vanilla, too) is my go to, but I doubt it will ever be a stand alone selection, since I can rarely ever find Barqs Cream Soda. Even without the Orange flavor I need the Freestyle machines to find Cream Soda in the park. The flavored waters
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:46 am

RollingCoasting wrote:It's finally happening:

:nina:

Not sure if I missed it but do we know what colors they're going for? Can't tell if that is white or gray, but maybe that's just primer...

Postby Lotologist492 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:38 pm

boldikus wrote:Not sure if I missed it but do we know what colors they're going for? Can't tell if that is white or gray, but maybe that's just primer...

I will be heading to the park this weekend so hopefully I will get a few pics. Also it will be interesting to see the progress on the new "ScreamPunk District" themed area and all the other enhancements they have planned. Stay tuned....

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shoesfather » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:57 am

Was there any word at the Winter Warm Up on when they expected the new discovery to open up?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!