Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:57 am

Just out of curiosity but has anyone been on both the Zamperla Giant discovery rides and the Huss Giant Frisbee's like Delirium and MaxAir? Just curious how the two compare, anyone prefer one to the other? I'm not a huge flat ride guy but have always loved the giant frisbee's, so if the experience is similar I'm all for these things popping up all over the place.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:22 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Just out of curiosity but has anyone been on both the Zamperla Giant discovery rides and the Huss Giant Frisbee's like Delirium and MaxAir? Just curious how the two compare, anyone prefer one to the other? I'm not a huge flat ride guy but have always loved the giant frisbee's, so if the experience is similar I'm all for these things popping up all over the place.

I feel like the Zamperla ones are a touch more intense and disorienting than the Maxairs at CP & KI. Delirium at KD is weaker than both. I definitely prefer the Discoveries and am glad to see them getting spread around.
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby TEDodd » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:44 am

A.J. wrote:Now to make matters worse for me thunderstorms are in the forecast for Sunday, the day I'm going. Hey there locals, are the weather patterns unpredictable in the area? :lmao:
It's summer in the south so popup storms are always possible.

But I think the current forcast is related to the Gulf storm that just came in.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:54 am

coneyislandchris wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:Just out of curiosity but has anyone been on both the Zamperla Giant discovery rides and the Huss Giant Frisbee's like Delirium and MaxAir? Just curious how the two compare, anyone prefer one to the other? I'm not a huge flat ride guy but have always loved the giant frisbee's, so if the experience is similar I'm all for these things popping up all over the place.

I feel like the Zamperla ones are a touch more intense and disorienting than the Maxairs at CP & KI. Delirium at KD is weaker than both. I definitely prefer the Discoveries and am glad to see them getting spread around.

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought based on the sheer size of the things but good to hear. I'm defiantly looking forward to getting on one some day.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zeus7331 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:48 am

A.J. wrote:Now to make matters worse for me thunderstorms are in the forecast for Sunday, the day I'm going. Hey there locals, are the weather patterns unpredictable in the area? :lmao:

In Georgia we live by the saying "If you don't like the weather in Georgia...wait 5 minutes!" :lmao: I just checked it again and we are at 50% chance on Sunday. That is good news and a chance at the same time. I've noticed that a weather prediction at 50% or higher keeps the crowds lighter than normal. Which would be a good thing, in your case, because it is a Bring a Friend Free Day at the park. Those days are hell. It is also the weekend after the Labor day flash sale...another busy time. Everyone is excited to get there and process their passes and enjoy their new toy. If I were you I would continue with your plans and hope for a chance of rain. While its raining take cover, enjoy the break and wait for them to open everything back up again with lighter crowds. I'm thinking about heading that way myself on Sunday. Haven't been in a couple of months and could use some coaster therapy.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 am

It has to be better than Labor Day weekend, though, right? I figured that Sunday would be the best time to go because it's A) after Labor Day and B) Saturday is the Greek Day event which I'm assuming will draw crowds as well.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:48 am

Labor Day Saturday was a ghost town. We rode every coaster, Monster Mansion, Flume and Sky Bucket (including 3 re-rides on Twisted Cyclone) in 3 hours without Flash Pass. :lol:

Postby bert425 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:37 am

coasterbill wrote:Labor Day Saturday was a ghost town. We rode every coaster, Monster Mansion, Flume and Sky Bucket (including 3 re-rides on Twisted Cyclone) in 3 hours without Flash Pass. :lol:

Labor Day Sat at SFoT was bat-guano crazy. . but the next day was DEAD. . . .all luck of the draw, I suppose :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Samuel » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:41 am

I rode MaXair (Huss) and Black Widow (Zamperla) a few weeks apart. I thought MaxAir spun more, but Kennywood's Giant Discovery felt much more powerful and intense. Black Widow's one of the crazier rides I've ever been on. I've casually retired from riding these now because they both nauseate me, but I imagine the new Giant Discovery models are really good if you like this kind of ride.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Hey locals. A few final questions in advance of my weekend visit:

1. How many rides have onride photos and is it worth it to get the all-day photo pass thing?

2. Do they allow single riders on the Sky Buckets?

3. All day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are near the entrance/Scorcher, right? $8 for the day? I'm coming from the airport right to the park, are they gonna give me sh*t at the entrance for bringing all that in? Toiletries, etc? I'll just have a small backpack with just enough stuff for 3 days. Packing super light, and I can leave it @ the hotel until check in (staying down the street) but I almost feel better locking it up at Six Flags (I can't believe I just typed that). But yeah its the first time Ive gone to a park with more than just a wallet/phone/sunglasses.

4. Where is everyones fave places to eat? I ate at JBs last time and while the beer selection was good the food was average. Also where has the beer?

5. I know the answer but I'll ask anyway: Is Acro still down? :cry:

6. Do you guys think I'll look like a douchebag riding the mine train alone? :lol:

Thanks. P.S. I've been to this park before so no need to pile on the suggestions. I plan on having a relaxing day of marathoning Goliath and Mindbender with hopefully a bit of RMC in there as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!