Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby TEDodd » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:45 pm

ArgoZ wrote:It was a Schorcher! Considering how unreliable the FP is at this park (incorrect times, no checking or clearing unit), the $45 regular version probably would have been sufficient.

It was certainly summer in the south. I've done Dollywood on similar days but they have fans and misters all over. Not to mention shade and seldom lines like that. (Missed DW food too. I could sit down in AC for all you want buffet. And do it faster than getting a burger at SF)

$45 x2. She got in free (on my pass), we spit the daily meal just to control costs.

Another $100 wasn't doable. Couldn't count on the lax checking to get 2 in on one FP.

But without the effective single rider options FP is looking like a must to do much.

Hope to go back in the fall/spring and find lighter crowd.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Lotologist492 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:30 pm

John Peck wrote:I was thinking about getting a diamond elite membership... do all of the perks here transfer to other parks? If I add a dining pass, would that only be for 2019? Is there any early entry or perks with the membership at SFoG?

Yes! Once you fully process your membership, the perks are valid at all U.S. parks (some limitations on Mexico and Canada parks). We bought Diamond Elite this past spring and enjoyed the benefits at four different parks. Of all the perks, the preferred parking has been the biggest one for us.

For the dining pass, If you buy a membership, you would likely add on membership dining, which like the membership itself, does not expire but continually renews until you terminate the membership.

As for early entry and other perks, there are many such bonuses. Once you process your membership, you'll be able to view a comprehensive list on the member portal. Until then, the park website should have a list. Of note, DE memberships will receive full access to all Fright Fest haunts included, and this means all SF parks!

If you visit SF often, it only makes sense to buy the best membership level you can. We have gotten our money's worth, although admittedly there were a few early glitches and a learning curve with using some of the benefits like the parking and reserved waterpark seating. I hope you enjoy your membership!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:11 am

Hey friends, which coasters are glasses-safe? I've been looking over the park policies and they're very strict on loose articles for Twisted Cyclone, Georgia Scorcher, Goliath and Superman. I've resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to pay $15 for an all day you-know what for my phone and wallet but I'd really like to keep my glasses on for everything except Superman if possible.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:25 am

A.J. wrote:Hey friends, which coasters are glasses-safe? I've been looking over the park policies and they're very strict on loose articles for Twisted Cyclone, Georgia Scorcher, Goliath and Superman. I've resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to pay $15 for an all day you-know what for my phone and wallet but I'd really like to keep my glasses on for everything except Superman if possible.

hey AJ, I wore my sunglasses (with strap) on everything except Twisted Cyclone.

Scorcher, and Goliath both had rental "you know what's" at the ride entrances tho.. so I wouldn't bother with all day, unless you absolutely WANT to rent one.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am

^ Are they not allowing even glasses w/ a strap on TC? I just recently got a strap and have been enjoying being able to see on rides again!

ArgoZ wrote:We had problems with the Flash Pass. 1h30 min wait in an unprotected line just to buy. .

Whoa whoa whoa was this @ opening? I'll be there this weekend and have full intentions of buying one right @ opening, especially if its a 90 minute wait!

Postby bert425 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:58 am

during the day, i was asked to put my glasses in zippered pocket on TC.

not sure if that's standard or not, but they asked me.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby A.J. » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:03 am

^ But they let you on the platform with them. That's okay then, I can put them in my case and zippered pocket for Twisted Cyclone so long as I can keep them with me.
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby bert425 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:08 am

A.J. wrote:^ But they let you on the platform with them. That's okay then, I can put them in my case and zippered pocket for Twisted Cyclone so long as I can keep them with me.

correct. . was asked to remove them while in the train queue up on the station.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby TEDodd » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:55 pm

A.J. wrote:I've resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to pay $15 for an all day you-know what for my phone and wallet.

FWIW, I only paid $5 and moved the rental around all day.

Strange how different the parks are about stuff. SFNE I just set stuff on the platform/in bins all day (phone, battery pack, vape, shades, etc.) Same a few years back at SFoT.

At least Universal offers free storage whee they don't allow stuff.

Postby A.J. » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:43 am

Now to make matters worse for me thunderstorms are in the forecast for Sunday, the day I'm going. Hey there locals, are the weather patterns unpredictable in the area? :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!