Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby carl.perry » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:01 am

Seddy wrote:I rode by the park earlier today and Acrophobia's hook/catch car/lift was not at the top of the tower. I'm hoping that this means that it will be back in operation soon.

Sorry still listed closed on Six Flags website.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:06 am

carl.perry wrote:
Seddy wrote:I rode by the park earlier today and Acrophobia's hook/catch car/lift was not at the top of the tower. I'm hoping that this means that it will be back in operation soon.

Sorry still listed closed on Six Flags website.

the entire park is still closed - it's just barely 10am.

the catch car moving is the first sign of anything in many weeks. . no reason to crap on his hope it will open "soon"
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Seddy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:01 am

^ I dont know who this new guy is but i'm guessing he wants to be TPR's new SFOG spokesperson. :lmao:
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:07 am

I was thinking about getting a diamond elite membership... do all of the perks here transfer to other parks? If I add a dining pass, would that only be for 2019? Is there any early entry or perks with the membership at SFoG?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:23 am

Park was busy yesterday. But ride ops seemed really slow. For that matter everything seemed slow.

Granted I haven't been to SFoG in 30 years, but compared to other places I have been it felt really slow.

Debating a second pass and dining now.
If yesterday is indicative if normal ops, I'm far less likely to make the 3hr drive often.

That said, really enjoyed Twisted Cyclone and Goliath. Superman really needs some maintenance on the restraints which slowed loading/unloading to a crawl.

I also wish they'd bring back the faster access for single riders. Some times you can use fast line, but not consistent.
I seldom ever saw the single rider queue in use. A few years back at SFoT it was much easier to access and was used.

Sucks waiting for an hour+ watching so many empty seats go by.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Oh geez, I'm so looking forward to the coaster lineup next week but that makes me apprehensive... Were you able to ride everything without rushing around?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ArgoZ » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Visited for the first time yesterday on a very busy and hot Sunday. SFOG is one of the last major parks I have not visted. We had to splurge for Gold FP, but had an overall great time.

Twisted Cyclone was a hit. Lots of extreme elements jammed into a tight circuit. Only because of its length, I would rank it around the bottom as far as RMC's go, but aside from Steel Vengeance, a lot of these I-box creations are becoming a confusing mess in my mind.

The surprise of the trip was Goliath. I heard good things, but it looks like a not very steep, lower height, boring hyper. This ride delivered multiple huge floater air in the back seat and some ejector near the end. It became my top Hyper beating Mako, Diamond Back, and Behemoth.

The Joker family coaster was really good. The Monster Mansion boat ride was unique and enjoyable. The double loop Mind Bender was an easily recognized classic.

We had problems with the Flash Pass. 1h30 min wait in an unprotected line just to buy. Got to be a better way, at least with shade. One person in line actually fainted! The watch is not as efficient as the "Tamagotchi like" unit at other parks. It works, but can be cumbersome and frustrating to select a ride. Most of the selections didn't change time during the day and didn't reflect the true lineups, which turned out good and bad (7 min for a packed, 1 train Blue Hawk and 45 min for a station wait Georgia Schorcher) On numerous coasters, we didn't even get scanned, allowing us to re-ride if we wanted. We got on everything, including multiples of Goliath and TC, so $60 well spent.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5cb2486b05272cec913011a6bf35a887.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby TEDodd » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:55 pm

A.J. wrote:Were you able to ride everything without rushing around?

No. Didn't rush, but didn't ride everything I wanted. If I had to do it again I'd find the money for FP. Just tough buy for multiple people.

Postby TEDodd » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:00 pm

ArgoZ wrote:The surprise of the trip was Goliath.

Agree, pleasant surprise. My daughter loved the copious floater air.

Wish I could have splurged for FP, but with 2 of us it was out of budget. But in hind site even the $45 version would have been worth it for shade.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ArgoZ » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:37 pm

TEDodd wrote:
ArgoZ wrote:The surprise of the trip was Goliath.

Agree, pleasant surprise. My daughter loved the copious floater air.

Wish I could have splurged for FP, but with 2 of us it was out of budget. But in hind site even the $45 version would have been worth it for shade.

It funny how I have been on almost every other Hyper and my favourite ends up being one of the earliest creations!

It was a Schorcher! Considering how unreliable the FP is at this park (incorrect times, no checking or clearing unit), the $45 regular version probably would have been sufficient.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5cb2486b05272cec913011a6bf35a887.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!