Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby SFOGchick » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:52 pm

A well-deserved, perfect fit for SFOG. The theming and color are spot on, but I think they could've worked on a better name since there are 5 other SF parks (SFOT, SFFT, SFNE, SFSTL, SFGE) with rides having the name "Pandemonium". This is the name I made up which I think would've been more fitting because of its theming. "Clockwork Chaos" <-- Nothing special but that's what I come up with from my head. Overall, cannot wait for this ride. :b :b :b
'
Top 5 - 1. New Texas Giant 2. Batman: The Ride 3. Twisted Cyclone 4. Georgia Scorcher (SFOG) 5. Titan

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby carl.perry » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:26 pm

Seddy wrote:
carl.perry wrote:
Seddy wrote:
A.J. wrote:What about that Sunday of Labor Day weekend? That particular day is advantageous only because I wouldn't have to take a vacation day afterward to drive home (because I sure as heck am not driving six hours after a full day at the park).

The Sunday of Labor Day Weekend shouldn't be too crowded considering that the park is open the next day. Since alot of people are going to be off work, I expect the park to be unbelievable crowded on Monday. As stated above, head straight to Twisted Cyclone to get a couple of laps in, then head to either Superman or Dare Devil Dive. Since you'll reach DDD first, you might as well get that one out of the way and then head directly to Superman as these two rides get the longest lines. Good luck!

Make sure you ride the black car. There is a difference from the slower red car.

I have "rode it out" 58 times already with the majority of the rides in the back row. I've also ridden in both trains and I don't really notice a difference.

I will continue to trust my own butt and a Twisted Cyclone ride operator. On Media day all the news reporters rode the red train all day. When Theme Park Review and other
rollercaoster blogs came they were given the black car only. Check POV rider videos of red vs black car and you can see the ejector airtime difference. Very few POV rider vids on black car. I wonder why?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby carl.perry » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:32 pm

SFOGchick wrote:A well-deserved, perfect fit for SFOG. The theming and color are spot on, but I think they could've worked on a better name since there are 5 other SF parks (SFOT, SFFT, SFNE, SFSTL, SFGE) with rides having the name "Pandemonium". This is the name I made up which I think would've been more fitting because of its theming. "Clockwork Chaos" <-- Nothing special but that's what I come up with from my head. Overall, cannot wait for this ride. :b :b :b
'

Yea as long as we don't lose Acrophobia for this ride. Three rides have been done almost all summer, Acrophobia, the Joker and Splash falls. More room to put on Acrophobia hill with a greater height experience and near Twisted Cyclone. Real tight in the Splash Falls area an alot of tress would need to be cut down or trimmed. Don't think enough room or correct theme where Joker located.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:34 pm

I’m really excited for this! It’s exactly what I wanted and expected to see in that spot (or a 4D) but I didn’t expect it this year!

Not that it makes a noticeable difference but I wonder why they are getting the 150 foot version when the other parks are getting the 170 footer.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Lotologist492 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:52 pm

SFOG1991 wrote:I’m really excited for this! It’s exactly what I wanted and expected to see in that spot (or a 4D) but I didn’t expect it this year!

Not that it makes a noticeable difference but I wonder why they are getting the 150 foot version when the other parks are getting the 170 footer.

Could be the height restriction of the nearby Brown Field airport. Even at 170 stories, the ride disk would swing higher than that. But - even at only 15 stories, this is a fantastic ride!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:36 pm

carl.perry wrote:Yea as long as we don't lose Acrophobia for this ride. Three rides have been done almost all summer, Acrophobia, the Joker and Splash falls. More room to put on Acrophobia hill with a greater height experience and near Twisted Cyclone. Real tight in the Splash Falls area an alot of tress would need to be cut down or trimmed. Don't think enough room or correct theme where Joker located.

The ride is going where Whistlestop Park is/was (former Deja Vu location).
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:47 pm

Joker has been operating . . I just rode it last month.
IMG_4473.JPG
IMG_4475.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pproteinc » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:59 pm

Yes yes yes yes yeaaaah!!! Finally a giant discovery at SFOG. I’ll be there for sure since Carowinds doesn’t have one and it’s my fav flat.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Lotologist492 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:01 pm

I have to admit that I am thrilled I no longer have to drive to Texas for a Giant Discovery. These are great rides and I do not mind one bit SF cloning these at every park someday. Having said that, I am even more thrilled that our park will be getting a "ScreamPunk District" themed area. This is by far one of the coolest themes any SF park has used and to date has only appeared at Magic Mountain. While the centerpiece of the SFMM version is Twisted Colossus (and to a lesser extent SCREAM!), I can see this area being home to additional rides and/or a coaster in the future.

I was not expecting a huge addition after having just received a coaster, but this far exceeded my expectation
20170626_154519.jpg
ScreamPunk District at SF Magic Mountain, June 2017

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Seddy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:56 pm

I rode by the park earlier today and Acrophobia's hook/catch car/lift was not at the top of the tower. I'm hoping that this means that it will be back in operation soon.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!