Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby bluestreak » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:23 pm

I absolutely adored acrophobia when I was there in June. Surprise favorite of the trip. Really glad it was open when I was there.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:42 pm

So I am planning my 3rd-ever trip to the park in Mid september (on a sunday)... I haven't been there since 2001, so I think they built a ride or two since then. Based on what I was reading, it sounds like we should go to Wicked Cyclone first and then DDD. Any other advice on this? There will be some rides I can't ride, but the wife can. Does anyone know if the train has re-opened? I would hate to miss it.

I have a six flags great adventure gold pass, (Even though I live in Ohio) and I want to renew it, but if I renew, does that mean I have to go back to SFGrAd and renew it, or is it automatic? I ask, because I might just buy a whole new pass during the sale and just process it in Georgia.

That takes me to my next question....

Does SFoG have any passholder perks (early ride times especially)

Also to you locals... any advice on Lake Winnie is appreciated, too... again, it's been since 2001 since I was last there.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:01 pm

This is probably a dumb question but does this park have wifi? And if so is it any good?

And Acro is running, yes?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zeus7331 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:04 pm

boldikus wrote:This is probably a dumb question but does this park have wifi? And if so is it any good?

And Acro is running, yes?

No WIFI. I have AT&T and the service sucks most of the time.

From what I have read...Acro is not running yet.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kyndmusic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:57 pm

John Peck wrote:So I am planning my 3rd-ever trip to the park in Mid september (on a sunday)... I haven't been there since 2001, so I think they built a ride or two since then. Based on what I was reading, it sounds like we should go to Wicked Cyclone first and then DDD. Any other advice on this? There will be some rides I can't ride, but the wife can. Does anyone know if the train has re-opened? I would hate to miss it.

I have a six flags great adventure gold pass, (Even though I live in Ohio) and I want to renew it, but if I renew, does that mean I have to go back to SFGrAd and renew it, or is it automatic? I ask, because I might just buy a whole new pass during the sale and just process it in Georgia.

Also to you locals... any advice on Lake Winnie is appreciated, too... again, it's been since 2001 since I was last there.

I agree I would ride Twisted Cyclone and DDD first.

Yes, the train has reopened.

I would just buy a whole new pass at SFOG as they don't automatically renew.

You're probably too late in the year for Passholder perks, but it's possible they could add something that hasn't been posted yet.

I can't help you with Lake Winnie, sorry.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:20 pm

is it a full train?

or still that sad little 2 car thing they were running when I was there last month.

that's not a train..that's a glorified Trolley.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:01 pm

John Peck wrote:So I am planning my 3rd-ever trip to the park in Mid september (on a sunday)... I haven't been there since 2001, so I think they built a ride or two since then. Based on what I was reading, it sounds like we should go to Wicked Cyclone first and then DDD. Any other advice on this? There will be some rides I can't ride, but the wife can. Does anyone know if the train has re-opened? I would hate to miss it.

Not a local, but I was just at Lake Winnie this past weekend. Definitely ride the Boat Chute first. I was the first rider of the day and within a half hour, it had a full queue already. I then recommend hitting Wacky Factory next since it had a full queue shortly after opening as well.

Cannon Ball opened 2 hours late due to mechanical difficulties but if you go there third I think you should be able to get a few rides before people get back there. Also do not miss Conestoga or OH-Zone. Both are insane.

SFOG opened Twisted Cyclone a half hour before the posted opening. I was on the first train. If you don't get a Flash Pass, I'd say run over to Dare Devil Dive after since it quickly built up a big wait.

boldikus wrote:And Acro is running, yes?

It was down all of Sunday.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kyndmusic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:23 pm

bert425 wrote:is it a full train?

or still that sad little 2 car thing they were running when I was there last month.

that's not a train..that's a glorified Trolley.

I don't usually ride the train but if I remember correctly it had at least 4 or 5 cars the last time I saw it running.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Seddy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Answering questions from above as a local...

Acrophobia is still down for the count as of Sunday. The Six Flags Railroad is running though. I believe there are 3 cars attached to the engine (if not two - cant remember as its been a couple of weeks since I've been out there).

Visiting on a Sunday should do you a favor as the crowds are normally light but definitely hit Twisted Cyclone, Dare Devil Dive, and then Superman as those rides usually get the longest lines.

Other than that, you should be fine and no Flash Pass should be needed to enjoy your day at the park.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:26 am

Plan first visit in over 2 decades this Sunday. Maybe Monday too.

Any other noteworthy closures?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!