SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

Postby Dombot » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:54 pm

GameShibe wrote:So i heard they are redoing the Jester with a Launch, i think it would be a nice change of pace.

Does not compute.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:49 am

^ Right?! Have I missed something?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby GameShibe » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:33 pm

Vonni wrote:^ Right?! Have I missed something?

Dombot wrote:
GameShibe wrote:So i heard they are redoing the Jester with a Launch, i think it would be a nice change of pace.

Does not compute.

They're bringing back Jazzland, and the person behind the project said that the Jester is being redone with a Launch and will be rethemed as a mountain themed ride, while the Mega Zeph will be redone and will get new elements.

In other news, Jazzland V2.0 will NOT be having Zydeco Scream, as they said that it will be sold to another park so that the burden of the vekoma boomerang will live on and another park will have the curse, i'm hoping it's not going to be Six Flags Over Georgia, as i've ridden a Vekoma Boomerang at Carowinds(Which still counts as a perk, as that boomerang came from the Now-Defunct Geaugua Lake/Six Flags Ohio Park), if i recall exactly it wasn't a good experience.

I'll post more news as it comes in, really cannot wait for Jazzland 2.0 to open soon.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:00 pm

GameShibe wrote:They're bringing back Jazzland, and the person behind the project said that the Jester is being redone with a Launch and will be rethemed as a mountain themed ride...

Honestly, what's the point?? With a layout like this:

All I can see them doing is removing the lift hill, putting in a launch, and a "high-g" turnaround to head it back towards the loop. . .

I can't imagine that the investment would even be worth it. Why not just scrap the ride and build something else??

Idk... maybe it's just me... But I don't see any of this ever actually happening. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bigger is not always better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby GameShibe » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:38 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
GameShibe wrote:They're bringing back Jazzland, and the person behind the project said that the Jester is being redone with a Launch and will be rethemed as a mountain themed ride...

All I can see them doing is removing the lift hill, putting in a launch, and a "high-g" turnaround to head it back towards the loop. . .

I can't imagine that the investment would even be worth it. Why not just scrap the ride and build something else??

Idk... maybe it's just me... But I don't see any of this ever actually happening. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I Have a reason to be excited for the new version of the Jester, that reason being that it's a Vekoma Hurricane.

Vekoma's Hurricane Model only exists in 2 Rides and the Jester is currently one of them, it could be a great perk to be earned just you wait ;)

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby flagrockerthegreat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:33 am

Mine giving me the source you guys saw it through?
Cannonball Run Menace, 112 rides and counting! :br

Postby coasterbill » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:48 am

Part of me considered responding to this Jester stuff but in the end...

DoinItForTheFame wrote:I don't see any of this ever actually happening. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, basically. I'd love for someone to be able to re-open this place and I know there are groups who are working on it but we've been hearing about the return of Jazzland for a decade now and nothing noteworthy has come out of any of it. I tend to agree with you on this one.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby GameShibe » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:23 pm

flagrockerthegreat wrote:Mine giving me the source you guys saw it through?

I got this news via Messaging the Official Jazzland Facebook Profile, but i think there's a interview with Tonya Pope(the lady leading the project.)

Here's the link to the article:
http://www.coastinusa.com/sfno-interview.html

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:38 pm

GameShibe wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:

I Have a reason to be excited for the new version of the Jester, that reason being that it's a Vekoma Hurricane.

Vekoma's Hurricane Model only exists in 2 Rides and the Jester is currently one of them, it could be a great perk to be earned just you wait ;)

Yet the layout is most likely the reason why only two of these were sold.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:06 pm

GameShibe wrote:
flagrockerthegreat wrote:Mine giving me the source you guys saw it through?

I got this news via Messaging the Official Jazzland Facebook Profile, but i think there's a interview with Tonya Pope(the lady leading the project.)

Here's the link to the article:
http://www.coastinusa.com/sfno-interview.html

Don't worry, one day you will understand how the world works.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!