Rye Playland Discussion Thread

P. 30: The future(?) amid the squabbling
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Muslim Scarf Ban at Rye Playland

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:03 pm

Uh, okay. I'd much rather hear good news about this park, as I love it.

Maybe the term "headgear" doesn't have a clear definition to people and should be changed to something more obviously all-inclusive like "head coverings".
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Headwear Ban at Rye Playland

Postby dragonskeep » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:30 pm

They don't let me wear my hat on the rides either, clearly because I'm an Orlando Magic fan. :p People need to get over themselves and accept that the rules apply to them too.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby OISU8P » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:32 pm

Wonder what they do with the women if in county jail? They have to wear a hajib anywhere in public eye. How does that play out in jail where you have a uniform or whatever it is called?

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:17 pm

^ We don't allow them to wear their headgear in our jail.

But yeah, reading between the lines, they were told way ahead of time they couldn't do it, they tried it, they got caught, they started crap, it's almost like it was planned. I would hope that it wasn't, but I just get that feeling.

If this was in America, it would be all over CNN and other news talk shows not to mention a lawsuit would already have been filed.

I will edit this because I had my playlands all jacked up do to huffing Co2: I'm surprised its not all over CNN and that lawsuits haven't been filed yet.
Last edited by chadster on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:37 pm.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby odene497 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:27 pm

^The park is in Rye, New York. I guess we'll see what comes out of it. Rules are rules.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:50 pm

I agree that she unfairly played a 'card' against Rye Playland. So unfortunate that self perceived inequalities still exist today.

The Future Mrs. Big Mike!

Postby Pirouettes907 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:17 pm

What I think is ridiculous is how members of the tour group are playing the victim and trying to bring in the Muslim/discrimination jabber. Get over yourselves. There are park rules that everyone has to follow, including you. You're not special. You don't like it, leave. Better yet, try using some common sense by doing some research before you go to avoid situations like this. End of story.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazywolf88 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:40 pm

One thing to know about America in general, DO NOT ASSAULT THE COPS, you WILL get arrested.
#2: Follow park rules as if they are another country, you break the rules, you get in trouble.

Now, if she just cooperated with the park and understood that there is a no headgear policy she could have asked for a re-fund, and if that wasn't allowed, now she knows that there is a no headgear policy and to not tickets again or remove the headgear(Impossible in public according to Muslim religion).

The reality: she resisted authority and got arrested.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:52 pm

I'm sure this story has already been told on Al-Jazeer TV across the pond, angering Muslims over there.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:53 pm

odene497 wrote:^The park is in Rye, New York. I guess we'll see what comes out of it. Rules are rules.

duh, brain fart. been playing to CO2 all day, for some reason I was thinking PNE Playland...still, same points hold true minue maybe the lawsuits would be in the opposite form

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!