Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

Page 55 - Rapid River announced for 2016
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

Postby Dombot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:21 pm

I'm going for the non-inverting coaster. They already have a badass Intamin accelerator, is another launch coaster with inversions really necessary for the park? :?r
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 am

^^ Where can I answer this? :)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby per2012 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:00 am

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:39 am

^Thank you! A Mack megacoaster would be great :b

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby KingdaKa » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:23 am

Where is that list found at ? Nothing on facebook or home site ?

BTW
Nothing for 2018 ?! It's the 30th anniversary next year.. Dissapointing but not suprising.
With Liseberg and their new B&M Dive Coaster there is no reason to visit tusenfryd..

Postby per2012 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:21 am

KingdaKa wrote:Where is that list found at ? Nothing on facebook or home site ?

BTW
Nothing for 2018 ?! It's the 30th anniversary next year.. Dissapointing but not suprising.
With Liseberg and their new B&M Dive Coaster there is no reason to visit tusenfryd..

It´s been sent as a newsletter.

Rumor has it to be that tusenfryd is going to invest 70-80M NOK in a new attraction(speedmonster did cost 60M NOK), most likely for 2019 which I guess is for the attraction they sent a questback for.
There still might be a new attraction for 2018, but I would guess a flatride, something that doesn´t take a long time to build.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:50 am

per2012 wrote:
Norwegian coasterfan wrote:^^ Where can I answer this? :)

https://response.questback.com/isa/qbv.dll/ShowQuest?QuestID=5107666&sid=XtxY0ngW73

Thanks for the link, I have provided my feedback. If I were given the choice, I think I would go for a mega/hypercoaster style coaster. Something with a regular lift, open cars, lapbars only and high speed with lots of airtime. If the park decides to go for a looping style coaster, I would love to see them build an inverted coaster.

Now what I'm really curious about is where would the park build a new rollercoaster (if they were to do so). The terrain is obviously a challenge and would make the building of any new coaster more expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if Loopen were to leave the park after operating for 30 years next year, but then again it wouldn't really free up that much space. Does anyone know how much land Tusenfryd owns?

KingdaKa wrote:BTW

No one will argue that Liseberg is a far, far better park than Tusenfryd, but we have to remember that the parks are operating on different terms. Now don't get me wrong, I think there are plenty of things we can critize Tusenfryd for, my last two visits were both quite terrible, and I can guarantee you that I will be going back to Liseberg before I go back to Tusenfryd again. But on the other than I don't think it's completely fair to constantly compare a park like Tusenfryd to a park that's located right in the middle of a large city where the park is so much more easily accessible for the local population.

As for the anniversary thing, it's been mentioned on these forums over and over that parks will build new rides when it financially makes sense, not because of how old the park is.

Postby per2012 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:59 am

^

Tusenfryd has only used 50 % of the land that they rent, so it is possible they will expand the park if they will build a new coster. They did expanded the park a little when they built Ragnarok.

Postby viking86 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:34 pm

^So in which direction would they be able to expand? The south end of the park is very close to a residential area, and it's not that far in the north either. For a noisy attraction such as a rollercoaster I presume this is something that will have to be taken into consideration.

Postby viking86 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:23 am

For the 2018 season Tusenfryd is jumping on the VR bandwagon and adding VR to Western-Expressen, the parks Vekoma family coaster.

Source (Norwegian):
https://www.oblad.no/tusenfryd/underholdning/vinterbro/tusenfryd-setter-vr-briller-pa-til-30-arsjubileet/s/5-68-370931

Translation (google)
From now on, travelers with Western Express will be equipped with VR glasses that will make the mountain and valley path a completely new twist. VR stands for Virtual Reality, and the glasses show a different reality than the one around the cowboy village at Tusenfryd.

- This is a smaller roller coaster that is family friendly and basically quite kind. When you get the VR glasses and sit in a completely different world, it can be perceived as a bit different. It will be a good trip through mining tunnels, says marketing manager Erik Røhne Andersen.

- Closest to a light version of the famous scene in the Indiana Jones movie The Temple of Doom?

-I just can not say anything about that. We have not finished the movie yet, so I do not know. It is a German company that sits and makes it now. The theme will be into the mountains and through mines, a little reality mixed with imagination. What is special is that movies that you see with the VR glasses are synchronized with the movements in the roller coaster. The world in the VR glasses is 360 degrees, and when you look around you do not see the shines and the hill of Tusenfryd. In addition, you will catch and shoot the monsters that appear, it comes enthusiastically from the marketing manager.

presse-2018-vr-color.jpg

In other news, Thundercoaster is being renovated for 5 million NOK, which equals to about $640,000. The Burnout Stuntshow will also return for it's fourth consecutive season.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!