You know, my top 10 seems to change weekly for some reason...weird isn't it! But here is my top 10 for this week!
3) Ghostrider (Before 2005!)
5) The Riddler's Revenge
6) Superman: The Escape
7) Batman: The Ride
8) California Screamin
10) Silver Bullet
This shows how much I need to go to coasters farther than 1 hour from Long Beach!
Michael"Watch..next week it will be all different coasters!"Thomas
My top 10 currently operating coasters would be...
1A. Supeman Ultimate Flight - Six Flags over Georgia
1B. Supeman: Ride of Steel - Six Flags New England
3. Thunder Run - Kentucky Kingdom
4. Rock N Roller Coaster - Disney/MGM Studios
5. Great American Scream Machine - Six Flags over Georgia
6. Legend - Holiday World
7. Fire Dragon - Islands of Adventure
8. Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa
9. Boulderdash - Lake Compounce
10. California Screamin' - California Adventure
Wow! That list was really tough to decide on! I feel like I'm insulting Fire Dragon by putting it at #7, when it is truly one of my favorites! This was third only to the wood and steel coaster polls in terms of how long I took to decide on my list! Those polls take hours, literally!
My favorite coaster of all time was Chaos at Opryland, so that will always hold the honorary #1 in my book.
Narrowing stuff down to 10 and ordering them is tough. Right now, I'm feeling:
5. S:ROS (GA/DL tie-ish, haven't been to SFNE)
7. X (back when it was running smooth)
9. ROTM USF
10. Everything else good...OK, Apollo's Chariot...no, make that Ghostrider...no...
Pretty cliche-ridden, huh, with a bias toward big B&M and Intamin steel...
Well, since I've only been around the FL/GA/NC/VA parks, clearly my list is going to be lacking in some areas, but here goes anyways.
1. Apollo's Chariot (BGW) - one day I'll understand why folks are anti-B&M hypers. Until then, this sucker rocked my world.
2. Incredible Hulk Coaster (IOA) - visually beautiful, and a nice little ride to boot!
3. Kumba (BGT) - no playing around - this thing gets right to business and doesn't let up until it's time to fall off.
4. Dueling Dragons - Fire (IOA) - Where it lacks the power of Montu, it makes up with good speed and the wonderful near misses
5. Alpengeist (BGW) - Just a damn solid inverted coaster. I'm not a huge fan of cobra rolls on an inverted coaster, but the rest of the ride more than makes up for it.
6. Deja Vu (SFOG) - Huh? Yeah, I can't believe i just typed that either.
7. Kraken (SWO) - The floorless coaster thing feels like just another gimmick, but it's a darn good gimmick. My only complaint is that I hate the fact that Sea World needs a rollercoaster to compete.
8. Top Gun (Carowinds) - The only reason to enter this park. Go in the back gates, ride it a few times, then go somewhere else.
9. Volcano (PKD) - while I think this thing blows its wad after the first 15 seconds, it's still a great 15 seconds.
10. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (WDW) - just a classic. No way around it.
THIS LIST GOES TO 11!
11. Flight of Fear (PKD) - terribly uncomfortable, but this is the only coaster that's ever completely disoriented me. Moments before pulling back into the load station, I honestly believed we were going in sideways. Maybe it helped that I spent the majority of the ride trying to keep my (too loose) glasses strap from escaping my skull.
1. Avalanche (wisconsin dells)
2. Hades (Mt. Olympus)
3. Viper (SFGAm)
4. Flash Back (SFMM)
5. De Ja Vu's
6. Viper (SFGAm)
7. Cyclops (wisconsin dells)
8. Blue Streak (cedar point)
9. American Eagle (SFGAm)
10. Big Dipper (Black Pool)
Im sure there would be more from other places besides SFGAm and wisconsin dells but, I havent been to Cal. for 3 years and I went to Europe 4 years ago. Otherwise I main travel to parks within a 2-3 day drive. I went to Canada when i was 10 but only rode one coaster...cant wait to go there in July.
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.