Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

SDC to begin phased reopening 6/13
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:50 pm

We are going on Wed 6/17, so I will let everyone know how the experience goes. Figure it will be a good test for my son before he goes back to work at SFSTL and has to wear a mask while working. At least for awhile.

I did see the pushback on FB and totally understand if some don'e want to go but I'm not sure everyone commenting there realizes they probably had to put that requirement in to get state/county approval to open

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sdcfan88 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:33 pm

Been monitoring the parks social media pages. Yeah the backlash has been beyond ridiculous. I've seen people literally post that they hope they go bankrupt and close over this! Sheesh it's one thing to disagree on something but really? Hoping for the park to shutter?

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Baffles » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:45 pm

I just wish people would have more compassion - it's not a big ask considering how many people are dead over this virus.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:41 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's ridiculous that out of everything happening people have chosen MASKS to go batshit crazy over.

If we're stereotyping the 'Missouri' type people then shouldn't they be god loving Christians and do what is best for others?!?!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:10 pm

^ :nina:

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:41 am

SharkTums wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's ridiculous that out of everything happening people have chosen MASKS to go batshit crazy over.

If we're stereotyping the 'Missouri' type people then shouldn't they be god loving Christians and do what is best for others?!?!

Of course they "should" but they don't. Unfortunately for those unaware that region of Missouri has always had an extremely militant, extremely right wing, the government should stay the hell away and I will take care of myself with my gun element to it. And they tend to cloak it in Christianity. Several years ago that a huge Neo-Nazi encampment was raided in the area. Now that is not to say by any means that most of the population of SW MO is like that, of course they are not! But there is no denying there is a higher concentration of that type of thinking in the Branson/Springfield area; always has been. Hence the ridiculous backlash against the park on FB over a mask requirement which everyone knows is temporary.

Most likely it is just a loudmouth minority spouting off, but it is still disturbing when you see people publicly hoping for financial ruin for any business. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. That same element isn't always thrilled about outsiders coming in, however that is exactly what happens when your area depends on tourism, go figure.

And if anyone thinks I might be exaggerating, my Dad used to travel down there for business a few times a year and has a very Jewish last name. He actually had a few customers that would politely warn him not to stay at certain hotels or patronize certain restaurants because he was obviously Jewish. Crazy.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Chiselphane » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:50 am

I'm from the other side of the state and hypocrisy is just part of the culture here, but it's definitely more pronounced in the SW.

Worth noting: Branson has a confederate flag and apparel store, whose owner's father is literally the national director of the KKK.

As for SDC: I get the feeling reservations have been low as I've gotten a couple emails where the gist is 'spots still available'. But at the same time, I am actually trying to cancel two of our 5 spots for Saturday and have not been able to get through, they don't even put you on hold, just 'try again later'. Coupled with the FB comments it feels like they're getting swamped with this nonsense.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ElvisLuv » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:35 am

:angel:
Chiselphane wrote:I'm from the other side of the state and hypocrisy is just part of the culture here, but it's definitely more pronounced in the SW.

Worth noting: Branson has a confederate flag and apparel store, whose owner's father is literally the national director of the KKK.

As for SDC: I get the feeling reservations have been low as I've gotten a couple emails where the gist is 'spots still available'. But at the same time, I am actually trying to cancel two of our 5 spots for Saturday and have not been able to get through, they don't even put you on hold, just 'try again later'. Coupled with the FB comments it feels like they're getting swamped with this nonsense.

Or...ignoring it and hoping that it goes away. Avoiding the demands for season pass refunds is hurting Customer Service for patrons calling without mask issues. They need to get it together.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:01 am

Chiselphane wrote:I'm from the other side of the state and hypocrisy is just part of the culture here, but it's definitely more pronounced in the SW.

Yeah that's right, I had forgotten about that store, and it's in a highly visible spot if I recall, not tucked away. As far as how many reservations; when I bought tickets for 6/17 a week ago it actually had a number of how many spots were left (I believe 4412 at the time of my purchase) but of course I have no context on how many total they are allowing in.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sdcfan88 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:16 pm

Brad Thomas released another Teaser Photo of MRF over on Twitter, looks like the lift might be done or very close to being. https://twitter.com/BradThomasMO/status/1271543126931406849?s=20

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!