Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:45 am

I can't imagine the lines this thing is going to pull in. Lost River always had insanely long lines, I can only assume this will be just as bad... if not worse! - Should make the season Trail Blazer pass even that much more worth it! :br

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Keep in mind that there are 2 more seats on each boat. With the increased capacity I really doubt the line will be any different than it was for Lost River, about 60-75 minutes on busy days.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Call me weird but even as a coaster enthusiast I'm actually more excited to see this finished than I was for Time Traveler.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 pm

sdcfan88 wrote:Call me weird but even as a coaster enthusiast I'm actually more excited to see this finished than I was for Time Traveler.

Same. This seems to be more “complete” than Time Traveler. To me it seems like they did Time Traveler a massive disservice by just plopping it down on a barren hillside with the only theming being the station. (Don’t get me wrong. I love the ride.) But of all the attractions at SDC it’s the one that just doesn’t seem to “fit” as well.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:58 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
sdcfan88 wrote:Call me weird but even as a coaster enthusiast I'm actually more excited to see this finished than I was for Time Traveler.

Same. This seems to be more “complete” than Time Traveler. To me it seems like they did Time Traveler a massive disservice by just plopping it down on a barren hillside with the only theming being the station. (Don’t get me wrong. I love the ride.) But of all the attractions at SDC it’s the one that just doesn’t seem to “fit” as well.

Agreed on that, love the ride as it is right up there with Powderkeg as my favorite coaster and had also de-throned Wildfire for me as a favorite. I kept hoping there would be more landscaping or theming done through the ride course but I was hearing statements from employees that they "ran out of money" allotted for the project so the extras were evidently scrapped. Hopefully that doesn't happen here.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:41 pm

As excited as I am for this ride (rapids rides are a favourite for me), that new BBQ restaurant with enough capacity that it won't have a mile long line is maybe even more excited.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:39 am

So excited that I am getting back to SDC next month! I haven't been for years and need to ride Outlaw Run and Time Traveler. I had a quick question if I could for the locals. I picked the White Wing Lodge in my package as it was the closest to the park. I read it is within walking distance to the park and I thought that was appealing to not have to mess with driving. Does that sound like an ok plan to you guys? Just curious if you thought it would be ok to walk or go ahead and drive. I wasn't sure and was hoping someone might have done it and knows for sure. I wasn't sure of the layout of everything. Thanks so much if you can help!

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:50 am

Just keep in mind that Indian Point Road doesn't have sidewalks and its a fairly narrow road. Not high traffic once you get past the park though, just be aware, particularly if you're heading back later and it's getting dark. Plus you're going to be walking all day in a hilly park as it is; the walk from that hotel to the gate is a pretty good distance, but you could just walk to the main parking lot tram pickup which might help you out a bit.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:59 am

Hmmm thanks so much! If there are no sidewalks I think I'll drive lol. I don't like to take any chances! It will be a quick drive at any rate. I appreciate your help!

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:24 am

You can definitely walk to the park from White Wing, it's just a really long walk. You just need to walk north along the tram road past Stop 7 and near to Stop 5 where there is a walkway to the entrance. It's got to be a mile to the park though, and parking/tram is free anyway...

Let us know how White Wing is. Used to stay there all the time when it was Deer Run. It was dated back then, and I hear the new owners may be hit and miss...
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS