Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Looks like I've got an opportunity this week during my STL visit Thurs-Sun to drive an extra 3-4hrs to SDC - why not for Outlaw Run?

That's my question to folks here who are well aware about this National Harvest Festival and how the crowds are for the weekends. Reading some reviews, it seems like quite a ton of people travel for all the extra activities but they seem dependent on particular weekends in SEPT and OCT even though the festival runs Wed-Sun for both months. Hopefully they are all too busy with the horses, cowboys, music/concerts and extra activities all day to care less about Outlaw Run, PowderKeg, and the many other great thrill rides?

I'll be taking a break from the fireworks competition I am involved at in St Louis and figured why not head to SDC since that will be the closet I'll ever be until the next fireworks competition Sept 2014. Or, I can go back to the City Museum with a few friends and see how much fun/mischief we will get into before the beer samples call our names...SFStL will be too packed full of folks for the Halloween event, plus I noticed not a whole lot changed from when I went to a few years back before each museum/maze became an (extra charge) on top of everything else.

Opinions/suggestions/recommendations are welcome...also, if anyone finds that Branson, MO Ticket voucher deal that is supposed to help save money on admission, that would be greatly appreciated! I've looked around, but must not be looking hard enough - most likely too tired...ok, goodnight!
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:46 am

Come on down! Crowds really aren't too bad for the Harvest Festival. Saturdays are busy, but Sundays are not at all. We were down there last Sunday, and literally every ride except Outlaw Run and the Grand Expo Coaster we were on in 2 cycles or less. Outlaw Run was only 20 minutes, lowest I've seen it all year, not counting the season pass holders ERT event last summer.

The focus of the Harvest Festival is really on the crafts, so there's a lot to see and most things are for sale. Some of the craftspeople will actually be working in their booths, so you can watch and talk to them. It's worth taking some time between rides for the crafts booths.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 pm

From what I have been hearing SDC 2015 project more than likely will be intamin or b&m. They say it will be their largest investment to date. Also it is nothing from CC.

I'm not trying to tell a lie. I saw it on the sdcfans forum

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Jaykethekid wrote:From what I have been hearing SDC 2015 project more than likely will be intamin or b&m. They say it will be their largest investment to date. Also it is nothing from CC.

Rumors about SDC for 2015 are all over the place. Screamscape reports the Geyser Gulch renovation/launch tower is coming then, other sources say B&M coaster, and I'm sure there are other rumors. I heard from a fellow enthusiast than what you're saying about a B&M coaster is correct. But there are too many possibilities and none of them are supported by park management, so 2015 could bring anything at this point.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:41 am

Jaykethekid wrote:From what I have been hearing SDC 2015 project more than likely will be intamin or b&m. They say it will be their largest investment to date. Also it is nothing from CC.

That rumor was only really supported by one person. I think at one point the park might have been looking in this direction, but they sure aren't now. They have pretty much already confirmed that 2014 will be a maintenance/festival year and in 2015 they'll open a major renovation of Geyser Gulch with several new children's rides and the shot tower from CC.

They seem to have been wanting to put a few more coasters into SDC. For a long time I've had people telling me of a backlog of major projects that'll happen if they can just get the funding in place, but the weather and finicky crowds just haven't been cooperating in the last few years.

Postby Jaykethekid » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:

Rumors about SDC for 2015 are all over the place. Screamscape reports the Geyser Gulch renovation/launch tower is coming then, other sources say B&M coaster, and I'm sure there are other rumors. I heard from a fellow enthusiast than what you're saying about a B&M coaster is correct. But there are too many possibilities and none of them are supported by park management, so 2015 could bring anything at this point.

We'll how would the park management support any idea for a new ride and let people know about it without just spilling the beans about a new attraction. Not trying to to start a fight just trying to support a topic.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Jaykethekid wrote:
Woodie Warrior wrote:

We'll how would the park management support any idea for a new ride and let people know about it without just spilling the beans about a new attraction. Not trying to to start a fight just trying to support a topic.

Six Flags St. Louis posted pics of the Hannibarrells and park employees stated Tsunami Soaker was coming. Six Flags Great America pretty much revealed that they would be adding a wooden coaster a week before they officially announced it. I'm sure there are other examples.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was a B&M coaster in 2015 (even though the Geyser Gulch replacement is more likely). But the SDC Fan forums aren't reliable sources.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Postby Wes » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:42 pm

If fan forums were an accurate barometer for coaster rumors, Cedar Point would have 25 coasters and SFMM would have the world's largest Intamin.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:46 am

SFMM would have had the world's largest Intamin, but there's no room for anything else. I went to google maps and took a screenshot and added some squiggly colored lines and they didn't fit. ;)

Postby Jaykethekid » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Has anyone noticed how loud outlaw run is getting. It has that sort of tire screeching when it has airtime and now it screams on turns. Does anyone know why it is doing this

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!