TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Whoa -- Star Tours revamp?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they do more then just film a new film and different programming. they should take an idea out of the Star Trek Expirence (nerd!) in Las Vegas and have screens above and either side of you, even if it means new motion vehicles. It would be way more immersive. Anyways, an update is certainly in order, as the film is old and showing age now. Many people say that more Star Wars characters need to be involved, but I disagree, I like how subtle it is. But like the castmembers say...

Guest: 'Why don't you change the film?'

CM: 'Because you waited in line.'

There is still plenty of people who haven't ridden Star Tours, you just need to remember that.

Wasn't this always the rumor that it would be overhauled "after the completion of the prequels?" I remember all the hype that was it was going to be changed to a pod-racer type ride after Episode 1 came out. If this happens I will definetly welcome it!

That thing was outdated the minute it opened. The movements don't seem to match up very well with the movie at all. I get sick everytime. I wouldn't be opposed to giving it a prequel theme along with a new movie & better programming. I wouldn't expect any major changes to the ride's dynamics though, like a completely new type of simulator vehicle. That's probably hoping for too much.

I remember hearing the pod racer rumor years ago. That just sounds like a terrible idea. I hated the pod racing scene. Most Star Wars fans I've talked to are on the same page. And it really may not be *that* bad. It's just that most of Episode I was such a disappointment.

Bret "especially Jake Lloyd" Pritchett

I think an update for Star Tours is a good idea, but I don't think thet should use anything from the prequels, because they just don't compare to the original tirlogy, at least the first two anyway.

Getting off topic again, I know most aren't giving their hopes up, but I think Episode III could be the big redeemer for the prequel trilogy if they did it right. From the looks of the preview, Anakin has stopped being a crybaby, and we've got tons of action as well. Plus I hear the duel between Anakin and Obi-wan will be the longest ever put on film.

Just the following changes would have made the prequels as a whole better, other than the obvious "Get rid of hayden and Jar-jar" cries.

1. Have Anakin start as Teenager in Episode 1. That would have made soooooo much more sense concerning certain things in Episode 2 (You know what I'm talking about...)

2. Cut out some of the political stuff. Star Wars fans, especially the casual ones, just don't care about what's causing all this strife. We could do with brief explanations in the original trilogy, and they should have stuck to the same strategy in the prequels. These films have a dynamic that need to be followed.

3. Just personal opinion, but they should have kept Darth Maul alive longer, at least until the end of Episode II. He was just really cool.

Meh... Star Tours was alright. My dad said that also. It really wasn't anything real special, and the film is really boring. (Just racing through a bunch of rocks and stuff.)

IMO, Back to the Future > Star Tours. Back to the Future's film was ten times better, and, while rough, was overall more enjoyable. It also had a lot more of a story.

Well I'm glad to here that they are going to do something with it. It really has become quite outdated. I've also heard the Pod Racer rumors for a while now but it just seems like even that idea is now outdated. Here's hoping that they come up with something good.

Something just occurred to me which might lend credibility to the pod race rumor.

Within the past couple of years (since the prequels came out), the Star Wars store at the exit of the ride was entirely retooled. It went from being the Endor Vendor to the Tatooine Traders.

It seems to me, since they just spent all this money redesigning the store, I doubt they'll do it again when they change the ride.

I also remember it seeming rather stupid to change from the Endor Vendor to Tatooine Traders -- after all, the whole theme of the current ride is travelling to Endor -- the store's theme before fit perfectly with this. Now it's just like, "huh? I thought we were going to Endor."

If the new ride is based on the pod race theme, then the Tatooine theming for the store would fit perfectly.

[/nerd]

When ST opened, it was really amazing...but that was a long, long time ago, and now small-screen simulators are common as dirt. The least they could do is churn out a new film in 3-D, bring back a little of the Wow factor.