TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: LibertyLand

Let me just set the scene about this park. It's customer service stinks. Its rides stinks. The whole park bites but I had to ride a coaster so I went for its opening weekend.

It had been raining the whole morning so when my dad and I got there, it was practically empty. We first went and rode the Zippin Pippin, Elvis's favorite coaster. It's pretty cool and offers some great airtime but it's like 80 years old and it HURTS! I love that ride but I can only ride it about 3 times before it starts hurting my side.

Next we went on to cough cough conquer the Revolution, a loop/corkscrew rollercoaster. Its pretty cool but its short.

After eating lunch, we went on to ride the Rebellion, an 80 ft. high drop tower. It is so tiny and the brakes kickin half way down the tower but its okay.

All in all, the park is trying to get better. Their customer service is slowly getting better, like it kills them to smile, but they're getting there. Another thing, painting a couple of the buildings is not gonna put you on top, Libertyland. NEW RIDES WILL!

000_1017.JPG.744fe45c1bdaed8cd69259017342e861.JPG

The Revolution, a coaster that needs a paint job.

000_1018.JPG.af5978606f0bdf7a3c44a401acbadd5c.JPG

The Zippin Pippin, one of the nation's oldest and most painful.

000_1015.JPG.79b398d927474aa0beec72b93c0b6f41.JPG

The Rebellion, Ride it if you're bored enough.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting the pics!

I was thinking of going to this park in June as part of my Branson trip. I'm already planning on driving down to Magic Springs from Brando but I don't think that Libertyland is worth the extra drive from Magic Springs.

At least you got to go out and ride some coasters! You've got two credits that I don't have. grrr.....

-J2

It's a pretty park .. I'll give it that, only park in the US in a National Park/Forest .. but the rides completely suck .. last two visits we had free tickets even from management and still were like this place sucks more and more each time ... Libertyland has one advantage with Zippin Pippin .. but then again when Twister runs well it's a DAMN good ride.

glad they got a 4 year old vekoma (at that point) that was purchased for right over $1 million from a park that was bankrupt .. it's sad that's the most popular ride in the park .. then again they have the ghetto mine train with the nut and bolts for anti-rollbacks on the lift hills ...

All the same guys I'm probably still going to go down to Magic Springs. I've got 3 days in Branson and I'd regret not visiting a new park when it's only a few hours away, even if I only stay for 4 hours.

Plus I'd like to ride SFStL's/Dollywood's old mine train, and marathon the only wooden coaster in the state.

I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to visiting new parks. I once drove 5 hours each way in a day just to spend 4 hours at Silverwood. Totally worth it.

OTOH I have a pilot friend who is overnighting in White Plains who doesen't want to make the 2 hour drive to SFNE because he heard Supes is only running one train. I however, would totally be there.

Farral! If your listening, go get the Mr. Six credit already!

-Don

Hey guys I noticed a little note on RCDB about Gauntlet :

The Gauntlet is the first Vekoma SLC to feature a redesigned wheel assembly designed to give a more comfortable ride.

Anyone know anything about that? Any comments on it?

Seriously thought it looks like the park has a hell of a wood coaster and the other stuff isn't that bad...

I believe that it was the opinion of the majority of the ACE members that attended the preservation con at Magic Springs last summer, that the new wheel assemblies did not in fact give a more comfortable ride. I'm going to find out myself in early June.