TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Project Tumble Weed?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe anything until I see one of the three Ps: pieces, prints (blue), or press release. In all honesty though, I'm not sure I know where they would put a ride of that caliber in. Last I heard, just about all of the park's land is used up. I don't how true that is, but that's what I've heard for the last several years. Hence, the plans to remove Whizzer that later changed to Shockwave to make room for SUF. Let's keep our fingers crossed about something though. I would love to see a new coaster put in, but we have to admit, in comparison to other SF parks, this one has been fairly blessed the last several years so I'm not going to complain if nothing happens.

Uhh, I post at CF and browse often and theres no SFGAm 4-D topic.

Aside from that, I believe it is total bullschmidt. If your looking for a cheap reason to bash Coasterforce... nice try you son of a beeotch...

And if you wanted to bash a site, coasterbuzz.com is one to bash on.

Well.....

The park isn't out of room to add a new coaster because the next one will come without removing one.

That still doesn't really explain how the park isn't out of land or where they could put a new coaster. It doesn't really make much sense.

Uhh...I post at Cf and browse and there no SFGAm 4_d topic.

Actually this wasnt recently this was a while back. Now, I dont beleive this because there isnt alot of room for a major coaster but........I did notice Shockwaves track lying on a hill side so maybe that has something to do with it because why would they keep the track when the ride has been demolished about three years ago.

How would you turn Shockwave into a 4D? :S

Argh, I'm split between liking and hating the idea. On one hand, 4Ds seems like a great idea and I think we need more, on the other hand, I don't want to see any of the good companys being put out of business because SF is too incompitent to keep their rides in a good condition.

Actually this wasnt recently this was a while back. Now, I dont beleive this because there isnt alot of room for a major coaster but........I did notice Shockwaves track lying on a hill side so maybe that has something to do with it because why would they keep the track when the ride has been demolished about three years ago.

That is impossible. Shockwave was scrapped last fall. There were even pictures floating around the net that showed this.

I'm pretty sure this was just a rumor and has been for awhile. People thought there would be a new 4-d coaster, Tumbleweed behind RB where the bus parking lot was. I personally think that idea is pretty much scrapped, because of the fact that HH is in that place. As far as I know, that was all just a rumor.

Actually Shockwave was demolished three years ago because it was replaced by Super Man Untimate Flight whick will be three years old. And the Shockwave track and supports were on a hillside because you could see them from Super Man, the parking lot, the Skyride and the Log ride. I dont know if the track is still there or if it is removed I havent been there since Last year besides taking pictures from the road.

Taken from "www.coaster-net.com"

--And 2004 also brought Shockwave's fate, as it was scrapped and sent to the boiler. --

I'm thinking someone should start an old age home for no longer wanted coasters. Store them in a warehouse for future generations.

I think there is a field in Indiana somewhere with some forgotten coasters. Also a log flume I think...

The 4D rumor is wrong, everybody knows that SFGAm is getting Gadv's Viper. I think it's going in Wizzers spot.

-Jezze "that pretty much the worst idea of all time, GOSH!" Jooze

I think there is a field in Indiana somewhere with some forgotten coasters. Also a log flume I think..

That field is no longer, SF Inc sold it .. sent coaster to Great Escape and got rid of the rest pretty much .. melted down the other rides .. tis a shame .. would of liked to of ridden the bobsled again, except for the fact it had weeds growing out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
I think there is a field in Indiana somewhere with some forgotten coasters. Also a log flume I think..

That field is no longer, SF Inc sold it .. sent coaster to Great Escape and got rid of the rest pretty much .. melted down the other rides .. tis a shame .. would of liked to of ridden the bobsled again, except for the fact it had weeds growing out of it.

That field was the last resting place of two of Riversides coasters. Little Rickies Twister and Black Widow. I can relate to Little Rickie since I rode that coaster a lot so seeing it's track pieces brings back memories. But as for Black Widow, I was too late, I was afraid to ride coasters until the thing was torn down. Oh well.

I have heard of a second 4D coaster, but it was supposed to be built in Japan. If it does indeed see the light of day, I hope they've made some major improvements. X is just nasty.

Eric

^Yes...there was one officially announced for Japan. S&S Arrow didn't say what park, but if you know the parks you can figure it out quite easily!

2 Hints:

1 - It's not replacing the escalator ride at Parque Espana

2 - It's NOT going to the SFMM of Japan! Wink WINK

Elissa "I doubt it's replacing Steel Dragon either! " Alvey

Yeah I knew about the new S&S Arrow 4D since that was more or less announced at IAAPA this year. I just hope in the time since they they've solved the issues with the other.

I bet B&M is working on a 4D designed, I remember reading an article about Port Adventura getting one in 2005 .. well guess that's gone now. INTAMIN has the sudo 4D .. I guess waiting on that or a park to take a chance on another INTAMIN prototype is just down the pipe ... SF? CF? who will take the risk and financial burden first?

Something like this would be the perfect thing to put on top of a building like some of Japan's coasters. It would add a lot of thrill to it.

Thank goodness that Parque Espana isn't replacing the Escalator Ride. That's a classic!

Eric