TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Enter the Golden Kingdom

I just got back from SP holder preview night for the Golden Kingdom, and it looks absolutely amazing! The level of detail is beyond anythign SIx Flags has done before, ranking with Busch and (almost) to the level of Disney and Universal!

They did a soft opening tonight, with none of the rides or structures open yet, but it looks great. The tigers were just introduced to their new enclosure while I was there and they wre a huge hit with the crowds. I can't wait to see it finished and can't wait to see the show (and ride Kingda Ka!)

The weather was cold and raw, but people had a good time anyway 8)

Here are a few pics from my website as a teaser, and the rest can be viewed here!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost forgot that i was in a Six Flags park that night. The place looked great. Watchin the young tigers in their new area playin around was cool also. Anyone else catch the part when the white tiger ran into the glass in full sprint?

Wow! I must say that is impressive. Let's just hope they maintain it over time. It's a shame that Six Flags doesn't take this much care of all (or any for that matter) of their parks.

-Scott "maybe I should post a report and the pics of my trip to SFKK last weekend" Parrish

Wow, that does look really good! :shock: All I'm waiting for is Kinda Ka to open (hopefully is a couple of weeks) and I'll be there. It would be nice to check out this area before the summer crowds get get a hold of it.

Wow, that does look really good! :shock: All I'm waiting for is Kinda Ka to open (hopefully is a couple of weeks) and I'll be there. It would be nice to check out this area before the summer crowds get get a hold of it.

Looks like May 7th according to my sources (though it's not official yet). They were testing all day yesterday, and are supposed to be testing today as well.

Looks like May 7th according to my sources (though it's not official yet). They were testing all day yesterday, and are supposed to be testing today as well.

That's what I was counting on. Hersheypark on the 7th and Great Adventure on the 8th.

Looking good. Hopefully they can make it through the season with their "commitment to excellence" approach intact.

I would love to see a Six Flags park try to turn itself around and be rewarded for it. It is just the kick in the ass they need.

Now, I they would only get rid of that stupid virtual queueing disaster.

^ OK.

Elissa (or whomever), I'll be at GAdv Wednesday and Thursday, June 1 and 2, with a possible 3rd day on Friday, if necessary. I hate to blow a lot of money on FastPass type thingies (especially since the nice parks give them out for free). But in light of Kingda Ka (maybe? probably?) opening, and because the handstamps at CP were so useful, I was thinking of going Wednesday, seeing how things went without the Q-Bot, then Q-Botting on Thursday. I know the "run across the park" problem, but are there any other big reasons I should scrap or change my plan? Any helpful Q-Bot hints? And should this be moved to "Ask Alvey?"