TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PCW - Turns 25 in 2005!!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey MovieGuy...

There is a NEW Roller Coaster this year at PCW, Its called The Italian Job.

A new multi-million dollar fast-track coaster experience based on the high-action finale of Paramount Picture's the Italian Job. Guest's board thier own tricked out MINI Cooper S for a multi-sensory ride full of thrills and special effects. 8)

PCW now has 14 Roller Coasters. Go look at there website.

http://www.canadas-wonderland.com

Only a week until I'll get to ride it. Season pass preview night is next friday.

I was hoping to get to media day, but seems I didn't get connected soon enough. Oh, well I can wait a few more days.

I'll have some pictures to post next weekend, with video to follow soon after.

Its nice to see wonderland is still hiring people with no job experience, but could you ask your son something for me? what qualifications, if any, dos someone need to operate a coaster? doesnt seem like a job anyone could do.

PCW's "Job Fairs" were run in February. Their basic requirements are fairly simple. 1. At least 15 years old (16 by the end of the current year). 1b. You must be at least 17 to work on any rides. 2. You must possess a working knowledge of the English language. 3. You have to appear presentable (no gang-related stuff, no visible tatoos, etc).

I spoke to someone at the security gate that we had to wait at during the job fair. He said that anyone can get a job if they answered the questions intellegently, presented themselves well and looked presentable.

At the end of the season, they are given a review and if they are satisfactorly reviewed, they can return next year without an interview unless they want to go to a different department. If a ride-op is what you want to do, it seems that the path is to get in during the first year you can (15 or 16) and work in an area to get expereince with the company. Some of those jobs are not glamourous (sweeping or cleaning) but then you can get into the ride-op the next year (as an assistant) and then a full-fledged ride-op.