Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 281: Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses maze announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood to announce Wizarding World

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Remove the Gibson Amphitheater and move the Studio Tour load and unload to that patch of land in between the first and second set of escalators to the lower lot. That frees up a lot of land for this expansion and keeps the possibility open for a remote expansion like the OP suggested.

That's how I would do it
Apollos Chariot #1!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Get rid of Shrek and the Gibson. In addition to Curious George, that should open up enough space for FJ and Hogwarts. I think Uni would like to avoid having to move stuff around as much as possible which is why I don't think it is going to go where the current tram loading is..
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Wllwes656 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Someotherguyuser wrote:Get rid of Shrek and the Gibson. In addition to Curious George, that should open up enough space for FJ and Hogwarts. I think Uni would like to avoid having to move stuff around as much as possible which is why I don't think it is going to go where the current tram loading is..

Shrek and Curious George are one of the only few attractions USH have intended for kids. No way will they give up their child demographic just because we ourselves are too old to play. Like I said earlier in my post, why spend the more money demolishing existing popular attractions when you can add on and expand the park itself. They have space.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:16 am

^Because that space borders the Hollywood Hills neighborhood AND makes them tons of money from productions year round.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:25 am

Wllwes656 wrote:
Someotherguyuser wrote:Get rid of Shrek and the Gibson. In addition to Curious George, that should open up enough space for FJ and Hogwarts. I think Uni would like to avoid having to move stuff around as much as possible which is why I don't think it is going to go where the current tram loading is..

Shrek and Curious George are one of the only few attractions USH have intended for kids. No way will they give up their child demographic just because we ourselves are too old to play. Like I said earlier in my post, why spend the more money demolishing existing popular attractions when you can add on and expand the park itself. They have space.

If this rumor about Despicable Me replacing T2 is true, then that attraction will make up for the loss of Shrek. Shrek Bore-D just isn't very popular anymore. To demo Shrek and replace T2, a very expensive show to run that's also not a big draw anymore, would kill two birds with one stone. Because of this, I see this being the most-likely scenario. Also, if they put Flight of the Hippogriff in Wizzarding World, then they will have more kid's attractions.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Wllwes656 wrote:

Though you might think the Gibson is worth saving, UNI may not think that way. If they tore it out, I do not doubt that they will build another theater to house shows in a more suitable location that doesn't interfere with the theme park quite as much.

Someotherguyuser wrote:
Wllwes656 wrote:

If this rumor about Despicable Me replacing T2 is true, then that attraction will make up for the loss of Shrek. Shrek Bore-D just isn't very popular anymore. To demo Shrek and replace T2, a very expensive show to run that's also not a big draw anymore, would kill two birds with one stone. Because of this, I see this being the most-likely scenario. Also, if they put Flight of the Hippogriff in Wizzarding World, then they will have more kid's attractions.

There is your answer to Shrek. Also, if they chose to, they could build another children's play area on the empty plot next to T2 (Despicable Me) and get rid of Curious George.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:58 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:There is your answer to Shrek. Also, if they chose to, they could build another children's play area on the empty plot next to T2 (Despicable Me) and get rid of Curious George.

Some wild idea, but what if they also keep the Curious George play area and just Potter-ize it? Now that will for sure fix the lack of kid's attractions problem right there.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Because JK Rowling is involved and she's a control freak, and there's no playground in the Harry Potter universe and therefore it can't be there in real life either.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:37 pm

^Never say never. I had to put my foot in my mouth when it came to Potterland @ USJ because I thought the "control freak" Rowling would never allow another owner besides NBCUni to have a Potterland.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Re: Transformers: The Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Rode it today. Truly an amazing ride. If you have the means, you need to check it out.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!