Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 273: Jurassic World cast reprises roles for updated ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Transformers: The Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood

Postby Jew » Sat May 26, 2012 11:48 pm

The ride had a posted 2 hour wait today, while the JP and Mummy only had 30. EVERYONE flocks to Transformers, so ride early if you are visiting this summer!

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Sun May 27, 2012 2:10 am

Great pictures David! Looks like they've done a really good job inside there!

Dave

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Mon May 28, 2012 11:49 pm

I was able to get on the attraction today, Memorial Day. Posted wait time at arrival in the park around 2 pm was approx. 65 minutes. While in line, it did break down for a bit, not sure. But that main q is huge! I highly recommend single rider line for a busy day. The great thing is thought that the ride does drop the waits for everything down to next to nothing. 20 minutes for the Mummy, walk on for Tram tour, 10 minutes for Jurassic Park. As for the ride itself, pretty amazing stuff. A tad touch of the blur from 3D, but overall that's only a slight distraction.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Tue May 29, 2012 4:43 am

Guy T. Koepp wrote:Ia m looking forward to riding this in a few weeks. It looks awesome! =)

When are you going?

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue May 29, 2012 9:25 am

Right now it looks like the 6th or 8th. But that really depends on how my work schedule turns out in reality. I am at the mercy of my employers on this trip.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby GoogleNexus » Wed May 30, 2012 8:57 am

Last edited by GoogleNexus on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:12 am.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Randomman295 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Great update. Can't wait to ride next time I'm in California. :b

Someday, I hope to find my own Indiana Jones.

Postby Jojo19799 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:23 am

If you do a Manly Pose and a Serious Face at the same time, which is it?

You're seriously manly then.

Great pics as always David. I have never been to any of the Universal Studios, so I would like to go there someday.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood to announce Wizarding World

Postby Wllwes656 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Sorry everyone for the massive bump but I feel compelled to give my own two cents on this topic. I think in my opinion people are going about this wrong. Destroying the Gibson Amphitheater is a BAD BAD move evident by the fact it houses some of the most ambitious concerts and events in LA. Though its been long rumored Waterworld and Terminator 2 3D will get the boot in the near future trying to condense a giant land in an already congested park would only be a complicated money-wasting endeavor. Universal Studios does have room only outside park boundaries and there is actually a perfect section in the studio the Wizarding World can make home to.

Right at the corner of Citywalk and a part of the Studio Tram Tour is a open grass plain that contains the Universal Lake and a Giant Green Screen. Along side of it is the mummy sequence of the tour that can get the boot as well. Though we all expect Dragon Challenge won't make the cut, with modification within the layout it's a near perfect fit.

Using the wondrous powers of photoshop I created a layout of the proposed project via google maps. Here as you can see Hogsmeade, Hogwarts Castle and Flight of the Hippogriff easily can fit within the space. Exclusive to USH (But soon with the USF expansion) is Hogwarts Express that will be the most proper means to transporting to this isolated land (They can still walk). To accommodate the lack of DC, the alternative attraction will be an interactive Wizard School that will have guest become a wizard themselves. It IS possible with this plan to have a Roller Coaster just not Dragon Challenge however. As you see on future site they can pull off ridding a parking section for such a feet and bridging over the two drive ways towards the park. It's risky though. The reason why they haven't created a roller coaster in the first place is because it may interfere with working sets (ala screaming). For this I just dubbed it "future site" instead.

Knowing USH, they are going to try to milk the phrase "theme park within a theme park" which is why I set it up away from the park. Annual Pass holders will be able to get to the park for free (with increase in ticket pricing), while other attendees will either may pay an extra charge for free admission for one free pass or would have to wait a large line. Due to the size of USH it is a given that the rides will see a increase in attendants as people "wait" for their turn to go to WWoHP (which is why T23D and Waterworld are spared).

So what do you guys think? Is this doable?

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood to announce Wizarding World

Postby Jew » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:01 pm

That section of the lot is right below a Hollywood Hills neighborhood (read: rich residents who don't like noise) who would probably disagree with that plan.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!