Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 273: Jurassic World cast reprises roles for updated ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Transformers: The Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:21 am

Gav wrote:
ooking forward to going there...
And pressing all of the buttons in the que. :3

On the SG version some woman told me off when I started playing with the one right where the SRQ enters the loading station...."Don't do that!".

That's so weird because when we were at the Singapore one, the staff ENCOURAGED us to press all the buttons!

Perhaps that was something the staff assumed at first, and then was trained to allow later?

Remember, something like Universal caliber attractions is still very new in a country like Singapore.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:50 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mechanic » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:15 am

I read it as some random woman, but you never know. I still thought it was kind of funny either way.

Every problem is a solution waiting to happen.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:19 am

Mechanic wrote:I read it as some random woman, but you never know. I still thought it was kind of funny either way.

Oh! LOL! That would almost make sense! Singapore people are VERY respectful of their surroundings, for example, in the queue for the ride, all of the stuff you see either behind fencing or out of reach in the American version, you can actually touch and reach in the Singapore queue. But it's because the people in that country respect that kind of stuff, and aren't disgusting animals that would purposely destroy it for no reason.

So I can see the fine line of someone pressing the buttons (that are actually meant to be pressed) and getting shouted at by a Singapore local thinking they were disrespecting the display.

It's actually kind of funny, when you think about it...and says a lot for our American society. :?r

Case in point....

American Version:

Singapore Version:
IMG_6623.JPG
No gates around this in Singapore.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:26 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:29 am

^ That's really funny.

Gregg "Still amazes me that the props for Apocalypse are still pretty much intact" C.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:32 am

Rode Transformers on Saturday and I was thoroughly impressed.
First 2 times we rode was right at park opening and waited no longer than 10 minutes either time. The 2nd time they did have technical difficulties which only lasted a few minutes. A very cool thing was that they gave everyone in the loading area a bag of peanuts to munch on while they waited. Being a new attraction maintenance staff was pretty much on site within seconds. The 1st time I rode I wore the glasses and enjoyed as the GP would. Every time there after I was a complete nerd and was watching the elevator lifts and thought their movement is felt only very slightly. It's hard to tell the vehicle is changing levels. Special effects are very well done and Dolby 3D is very amazing.

Naturally, the wait time increased as the morning continued and by 1 the line was at 90 minutes. We decided to take advantage of the single ride queue and rode an additional 3 times within 20 minutes. The crew did an exceptional job at loading and unloading. The groupers were loading single riders like crazy. Single rider line is the way to go. Only issue I see is that the single rider queue is very small so I can see it being shut down multiple times throughout the day due to high demand but still worth it.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:45 am

Sir Clinksalot wrote:^ That's really funny.

Gregg "Still amazes me that the props for Apocalypse are still pretty much intact" C.

I'm convinced that apocalyptic themed rides are only done that way so that when the theming gets destroyed by guests it still fits in!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby cgnewman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 am

Rode Transformers on Friday April 20. The themeing is great, tech stuff is the best, but the story line of the ride is weak. Protect the all spark at all cost. Go from one similar battle to the next gets a bit boring. Crashing thru the building was the best part. I haven't been on Spiderman since it's update, but for me, that is still the best

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:09 am

^ For me, I prefer a ride with an easy-to-follow, thin storyline where I don't have to know anything about the franchise or the characters to understand what's going on, over a ride where I need to have read 7 books and seen 8 movies to have a clue what the ride is about.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:13 am

^Now what ride/franchise could you possibly be referring to??? :lol:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby cgnewman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 am

I also think a ride shouldn't require any book or movie knowledge of its concept. Transformers in an example of great technology trying to tell the story, instead of a story using great technology. Many movies today hope that special effects will make a great story, fail because the story is weak. All I am trying to say about my experience of the Transformer ride is, the techy stuff is fantastic, but I would had liked a bit more than just battle, run, battle run, battle, run.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!