Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 282: HHN Photo Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat May 17, 2008 5:10 pm

RocknGuitar wrote:yes! So if we go on Sunday, we will be able to ride it as it will be in soft opening?

Since the ride is still in technical rehearsals for the weekend, there is really no definite answer to that question. So far they have been soft opening the ride every day, but that doesn't mean they will on Sunday. If you really want to ride, I would suggest hanging out by the ride and asking the crew members.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby MisterP » Sat May 17, 2008 6:06 pm

Two of my favorite 7 or 8 things in life are theme parks and the Simpsons. I just wish I could get excited about this ride. I guess the fact that I thought Back To the Future was super-lame contributes to that feeling a bit.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Sat May 17, 2008 6:12 pm

Jew wrote:
pgathriller wrote:Does Cletus show up in any part of the ride? He's probably my favorite 2nd character from the Simpsons =). :P

He's in the queue video.

The ride officially opens May 19th. So far it has soft opened every day since Wednesday though...
DSC05026.JPG
Here he is!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RocknGuitar » Sat May 17, 2008 9:04 pm

Jew wrote:
RocknGuitar wrote:yes! So if we go on Sunday, we will be able to ride it as it will be in soft opening?

Since the ride is still in technical rehearsals for the weekend, there is really no definite answer to that question. So far they have been soft opening the ride every day, but that doesn't mean they will on Sunday. If you really want to ride, I would suggest hanging out by the ride and asking the crew members.

Orlando's was open for a little more than a week before the real opening, so I assumed we would do that too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun May 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Ahhh...The good ole Tooth Chipper @ Duff Gardens! I remember that episode...one of my all-time favorites! Lisa drinking the water on the "It's a Small World" spinoff ride and she starts tripping to Jefferson Airplane!! :lmao:

It has been a while since I have seen this one, but isn't this also the one where the whole family ends up in the park jail??

Anyone happen to know what season DVD this is on??

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TheRealTinkerbell » Sun May 18, 2008 8:11 pm

^ ah, I saw that episode like 4 days ago! I LOVE THAT EPISODE!
The name of the episode is "Selma's Choice". It was in the 4th Season DVD. That's also the episode that you learn about the SEVEN DUFS!
Queasy, Surly, Remorseful, Tipsy, Sleazy, Edgy and....Dizzy I think.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun May 18, 2008 11:12 pm

The episode where they all end up in the parks jail is the Itchy and Scratchy Land one. Lisa goes crazy from drinking the water and Bart gets stuck on the "Barrel Roll" ride because he was too short.

The Tooth Chipper, along with the Screamatorium and the Yard Work Simulator (which also have posters in the ride) came from the episode where Homer and Bart become carnys.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RocknGuitar » Mon May 19, 2008 4:19 pm

I just rode it while it was in technical rehearsal yesterday, and it was great! I loved it, and I agree with Rob. It was a nice addition and an amazing atmosphere.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Mon May 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Wow, that looks really cool. This looks like a good reason to pick up a season pass this year.

I think they have a good opportunity here to alter the attraction into the "Treehouse of Horror" for HHN as well. Certainly would help with those crazy HHN lines.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon May 19, 2008 5:26 pm

The episode where they all end up in the parks jail is the Itchy and Scratchy Land one. Lisa goes crazy from drinking the water and Bart gets stuck on the "Barrel Roll" ride because he was too short.

The Tooth Chipper, along with the Screamatorium and the Yard Work Simulator (which also have posters in the ride) came from the episode where Homer and Bart become carnys.

Ahhh yes, you are correct! They are in two different episodes. I remember both now, but it has been a really long time since I have seen either of them. I do remember Itchy and Scratchy Land and the carny one being in two different episodes. But wasn't there a Duff Gardens episode too, or am I dreaming this??

Thanks for the clarifications and DVD disc numbers, guys! I will just have to start borrowing the DVD's from my father...I think that he has just about all of them now!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!