Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 284: Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash opens 3/27/2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'd like to buy a vowel!

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Seated within ride vehicles that resemble cardboard boxes

Sheesh, they're not even trying to hide it anymore. :lmao:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:23 pm

Universal Studios Hollywood has announced that on March 27th, 2020, "The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!" will officially open! The new ride features the original voice cast from the films, as well as 64 animated figures and an optical enhanced gesture-tracking technology for a unique ride experience. This attraction will feature a Virtual Line and a non-traditional queue experience leading up to the boarding station.

SLP - Opening Date Logo.jpg

“The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” opens at Universal Studios Hollywood on March 27, bringing an astounding 64 animated figures to this all-new tech-savvy ride based on Illumination’s blockbuster The Secret Life of Pets films, which answer the question, “What are your pets really doing when you’re not at home?”

The entertaining new ride features original voice talent from The Secret Life of Pets films who will unleash their animal instincts to reprise their roles for this exciting theme park attraction. The talent and their alter egos include Patton Oswalt as Max, Kevin Hart as Snowball, Eric Stonestreet as Duke, Jenny Slate as Gidget, Tiffany Haddish as Daisy, Lake Bell as Chloe, Dana Carvey as Pops, Chris Renaud as Norman, Hannibal Buress as Buddy, Bobby Moynihan as Mel, and Jessica DiCicco as Princess.

“The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” is a heartfelt experience that transforms guests into stray puppies as they journey to become loved and adopted. After all, adoption day is the ultimate rite of passage for every domesticated animal and, as such, the perfect theme of this engaging new ride as these beloved puppies find their forever homes.

Combining 64 technologically-advanced animated figures, “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” invites guests to meet some of their favorite characters from the movies, who themselves have transformed into dimensional beings. From blinking eyes to eye and eyebrow movements, from head tilts to head nods, from moving mouths to smiles, from ear curls to lip curls, from full torso twists to physically walking, the depth of mobility and function programmed within each of these loveable characters creates an experience unlike any other theme park ride.

With the addition of hyper-realistic media and projection mapping, this impressive new ride is designed to fully immerse guests in a dynamic New York City landscape. Seated within ride vehicles that resemble cardboard boxes—reminiscent of where Katie first finds her beloved Max as a puppy—guests will travel along a track towards the Pet Adoption event and the ultimate happy ending: forever homes.

The ride will feature state-of-the-art optical enhanced gesture-tracking technology, which helps to identify each guest as a unique stray puppy for the duration of the ride. With an option to be transformed into one of 15 stray puppies, guests will enjoy a unique experience each time they ride “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!”

Virtual Line technology is another component of the experience, designed to help guests maximize their leisure time at the theme park. Guests can access Virtual Line via the official Universal Studios Hollywood app, available for free in the App Store and on Google Play or they can visit the Virtual Line kiosk located in the New York City subway station, situated adjacent to the ride. Both provide guests with options to experience the ride based on the next available times and will be available to guests within the theme park as needed.

Virtual Line complements the ride’s non-traditional queue which invites guests to explore the area at their leisure and freely roam the ride’s corridors—reminiscent of Katie’s NYC apartment building—explore dachshund Buddy’s apartment, Snowball owner Molly’s living room as well as Max and Duke’s apartment, until they reach the ride’s boarding station.

“The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” will be located on Pets Place, previously referred to as Baker Street, and adjacent to the popular “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” and “Super Silly Fun Land” attractions. With the installation of store front facades, Pets Place will capture the charm of a busy New York City street, including an iconic NYC subway station, which serves as the in-park location for the Virtual Line.

With so much to see and do at Universal Studios Hollywood, an Annual Pass invites guests to experience the theme park’s thrill and adventure over and over again. Visit http://www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com for more details and to save up to $60 on an Annual Pass when purchased online. Offer valid through April 23, 2020. Restrictions apply.

More information is available at http://www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com. Like Universal Studios Hollywood on Facebook and follow @UniStudios on Instagram and Twitter.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby DBJ » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Wow, sounds great ! Thanks for the info! The exterior facades look pretty good.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:08 pm

I'm really intrigued to see how this dark ride turns out.

And I'm excited for the confirmation Buddy is in it...because of course I want the wiener dog present.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Pavilion Park/Broadway at the Beach & Free Fall Thrill Park, Myrtle SkyWheel, & Mini Golf

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:12 pm

Here’s a picture of the facade. Looks like it will fill a giant hole in USH lineup: family dark ride with real animatronics!
22509293-A3FA-449D-9FA7-7B7094633292.jpeg
Just like the movie!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Mmmmm looks very nice, there.

And I'm a Chloe fan. =)
SecretLifePets.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:16 pm

"Adopt me! Adopt me! :b Who needs a leash?!?! I'd follow you anywhere! I'll even give you a local's tour of NYC! (I'm the pooch with the topknot. Ask for "TZU SHIH" ;) )

Alice
PS Sounds like a cute, innovative attraction.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:33 pm

I like it, that we really don't know everything inside of the show building.
I mean, I have no idea how this attraction is laid out.

Nothing leaked out... so far. :wink:

(Except the ride vehicle, the animatronics, and the 'story' of it.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Following Disneyland's closure, Universal Studios Hollywood has also announced they're closing from March 14-27.

Per NBC Los Angeles:

Universal Studios Hollywood Closes Over Coronavirus Fears

The announcement comes shortly after Disney officials announced both theme parks in Orange County, California would shutter their gates

Universal Studios Hollywood announced Thursday it would be shutting down the park in hopes of containing the spread of coronavirus.

Universal Studios officials said the park would be closing to the public beginning Saturday, and would reopen March 28.

Universal CityWalk was to remain open to the public.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/universal-studios-hollywood-closes-over-coronavirus-fears/2328004/
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Pavilion Park/Broadway at the Beach & Free Fall Thrill Park, Myrtle SkyWheel, & Mini Golf

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby bostonlva » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:10 pm

According to Scremscape, The Whoville backlot set was demolished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!