Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 281: Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses maze announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:44 am

Universal Studios Hollywood has sent us a press release announcing the debut of a new Killer Klowns from Outer Space HHN maze after last year's successful scare zone at Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights!

Metro Goldwyn Mayer’s (MGM) “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” lands at this year’s “Halloween Horror Nights” in all-new chilling mazes at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood – bringing together the most twisted scenes and ghastly gags from the popular horror sci-fi film at the nation’s premier Halloween events.

Based on the cult 1980s film favorite, the “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” mazes will transport guests to the sleepy small town of Crescent Cove, taken over by a pack of murderous clown-like creatures. Guests will be lured by the sweet smell of cotton candy and ice-cream and find themselves in an otherworldly circus tent where they’ll come face-to-face with the crazed klowns and their sinister, side-splitting antics. As they make their way through the Big Top Space Ship, guests will witness diabolical klowns making cotton candy cocoons from unsuspecting victims and will realize the joke’s on them as they are next to become the gooey snack. From one shrieking klown to the next, the mazes will lead guests through the doomed community of Crescent Cove to an eerie amusement park closed for the season. Trapped in a terrifying funhouse full of killer klowns, guests will be left screaming as there’s no stopping this twisted three-ring circus.

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each park’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

“Halloween Horror Nights” begins Friday, September 6 in Orlando and on Friday, September 13 in Hollywood. Additional details about the events will be revealed soon. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” and to purchase tickets at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
Killer Klowns from Outer Space Mazes at Halloween Horror Nights 2019.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:26 am

This years HHN is ramping up to be one of their best. They have really responded to people's complaints of the recent years lack of scare zones. I mean, that was one of my main problems of the most recent two years, vs. years passed where it was so much more immersive.
Tigga, please!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Must say, really like the announcements so far! Ghostbusters and Killer Clowns are great choices.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:10 am

Universal Studios Hollywood has sent us a press release about the next maze that will be at this year's Halloween Horror Nights, Creepshow!

“Creepshow” will scare the creep out of guests when this all-new “Halloween Horror Nights,” maze, inspired by the 1982 cult classic movie and Shudder’s all-original anthology series, debuts as part of Universal Studios Hollywood’s wildly popular nighttime event, kicking off on Friday, September 13.

The original Creepshow movie, created by legendary director George Romero, and the all-new series, debuting on Shudder’s streaming service, reimagined by acclaimed make-up artist, director and executive producer, Greg Nicotero, invites “Halloween Horror Nights” guests to step into the anthology’s comic book pages to experience five terrible tales of terror guided by The Creep, the skeletal namesake of the comic book.

“I’ve partnered with Universal Studios Hollywood and ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ for years and it’s a thrill to bring ‘Creepshow’ to life for the fans as part of this year’s iconic event,” said Greg Nicotero. “I consider myself honored to have had the opportunity to work alongside George Romero and many other groundbreaking filmmakers who have inspired me. So to be able to create a television show based on the Creepshow movie, and then see it come to life as a ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ maze is a great way to pay tribute to this legendary filmmaker and introduce this incredible anthology series to a fans old and new.”

“We’re thrilled to bring this beloved horror classic to ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ as well as introduce our fans to the upcoming Shudder series,” said John Murdy, Executive Producer, “Halloween Horror Nights.” We’ve had a long association with Greg Nicotero as part of ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ and getting the opportunity to again work with his talented special effects team at KNB FX brings a whole other level of authenticity to this incredible maze experience.”

Capturing the essence of the original film that touted, “the most fun you’ll have getting scared,” to Shudder’s assertion that “a new generation of horror has risen from the dead,” the five frightening fables featured in the maze include:

• “Father’s Day” – Years ago Nathan Grantham, the cruel patriarch of the wealthy Grantham family, was murdered by his long-suffering daughter on Father’s Day. Now Nathan’s maggot-infested corpse has risen from the grave to take revenge on his inheritors…and finally claim his Father’s Day cake.
  • “The Crate” – An unlucky janitor finds a long-forgotten shipping crate under the stairs of a science hall in a small east coast college. Little does he know, the crate contains a ravenous beast that’s been hibernating for over a hundred years…and it’s just woken up.
  • “They’re Creeping Up On You” – Eccentric billionaire Upson Pratt lives in a hermetically sealed “germ proof” penthouse apartment in Manhattan but he still has a bug problem. When a citywide blackout cuts his power, Mr. Pratt’s pest problem is about to get a whole lot worse.
  • “Gray Matter” – Ritchie Grenadine, an alcoholic former factory worker, unknowingly ingests a strange mutagen after guzzling a can of cheap beer. Now an alien fungus has taken over his rundown apartment and his body…creating in him an insatiable hunger that can’t be quenched by his favorite ale.

[*]“Bad Wolf Down” – The surviving members of a decimated American army platoon in the North of France during World War II are holed up in a small village jail awaiting the German army to overwhelm them. The clever lot, however, have an ace up their sleeve that the German’s won’t expect; the men are all werewolves and tonight is a full moon.

"Halloween Horror Nights" at Universal Studios Hollywood brings together the sickest minds in horror to immerse guests in a living, breathing, three-dimensional world of terror. Featuring an all-new slate of unrivaled film production quality mazes and frightful scare zones uniquely themed to today’s most definitive horror properties, “Halloween Horror Nights” will taunt, terrorize and torment guests with spine-chilling haunted attractions as part of Southern California’s most extreme Halloween experience.

All tickets for Universal Studios Hollywood are on sale now. Updates on “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood are available online at Hollywood.HalloweenHorrorNights.com and on Facebook at: “Halloween Horror Nights – Hollywood,” Instagram at @HorrorNights and Twitter at @HorrorNights as Creative Director John Murdy reveals a running chronicle of exclusive information. Watch videos on Halloween Horror Nights YouTube and join the conversation using #UniversalHHN.
image006.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:13 pm

Universal Studios Hollywood has announced that the hit horror film "Us" from Jordan Peele will be a maze at Halloween Horror Nights year's event!

The reality unearthed in Universal Pictures’ global horror film blockbuster, Us, from visionary Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Jordan Peele, becomes perilously tethered to Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort in all-new terrifying “Halloween Horror Nights” mazes, debuting this September.

Featuring the unnerving labyrinth of underground tunnels that stretch from coast to coast below America, to the disorienting and the ominous uprising of “The Tethered”— doppelgängers of every living man, woman and child in the country—the “Us” maze will place guests at the heart of this living nightmare where they quickly realize they are their own worst enemy.

The journey begins circa 1986 as guests follow in the footsteps of the young girl they first meet as Adelaide Wilson as she innocently ventures through a mirror funhouse at the Santa Cruz boardwalk and has a fateful and traumatic encounter with her tethered doppelgänger, an event that will forever alter both of their lives. The harrowing experience will then transition to present day, thrusting guests into the chaos of “The Tethered” uprising as they emerge from their tunnels to murder their privileged doubles in a nationwide coordinated act of rebellion.

"It's very exciting to know that fans of Us will get to experience firsthand the terror of being stalked and tormented by ‘The Tethered.’ It’s been a lifelong ambition of mine to create a monster that would scare people on Halloween, so having ‘The Tethered’ join such esteemed company is a dream come true,” said Jordan Peele.

“Jordan Peele has put his indelible stamp on a new genre of psychological horror films with the Academy Award®-winning movie, Get Out and the critically-acclaimed film, Us,” said John Murdy, Executive Producer, “Halloween Horror Nights,” Universal Studios Hollywood. “And, it’s an honor to have the opportunity to work with him and his talented team to bring his unique vision for Us to life as a ‘living horror movie’ as part of ‘Halloween Horror Nights.’”

“The idea that ‘we are our own worst enemy’ and the visuals around that notion are what made the story of Us so compelling, personal and exciting for our design team to translate,” said Michael Aiello, Sr. Director of Entertainment Creative for Universal Orlando Resort. “Surrounding our guests in that horrific world of duality Jordan Peele created is a perfect fit for Universal’s ‘Halloween Horror Nights.’”

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” to become victims within their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each park’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

“Halloween Horror Nights” begins Friday, September 6 in Orlando and on Friday, September 13 in Hollywood. Additional details about the events will be revealed soon. All tickets for Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort are on sale now. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

Us Maze is coming to Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights 2019.jpg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby bostonlva » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:56 pm

according to screamscape, USH has apparently been sending out a guest poll asking about guest thoughts on making the backlot tour an “up-charge attraction”
http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_studios_hollywood.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 pm

LOL at Fast & Furious being a "virtual reality experience."

Postby bostonlva » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:50 am

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:LOL at Fast & Furious being a "virtual reality experience."

My thoughts exactly. if USH goes thru with this, the attendance figures will completely plummet.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:55 am

I can't imagine a trip to USH that doesn't include the backlot tour. It's the whole reason for going as far as I'm concerned. Let's face it, they're not floating the idea of having a cheaper ticket if you don't go on the backlot tour. So imagine traveling thousands of miles and shelling out over $100 per ticket--and then being asked to pay more for the thing that is the entire point of why you came.... This is virtually guaranteed to create long lines at Guest Services to handle complaints.

Postby bostonlva » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:09 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I can't imagine a trip to USH that doesn't include the backlot tour. It's the whole reason for going as far as I'm concerned. Let's face it, they're not floating the idea of having a cheaper ticket if you don't go on the backlot tour. So imagine traveling thousands of miles and shelling out over $100 per ticket--and then being asked to pay more for the thing that is the entire point of why you came.... This is virtually guaranteed to create long lines at Guest Services to handle complaints.

Only way I can *possibly* see this working is if they take some of the VIP exclusive aspects of the studio tour and move them to the regular tour. As it stands now, the current tour is in no way worth an “up charge”

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!