Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 282: HHN Photo Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby x2isawesome » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:03 pm

I'll take some of that action
SharkTums wrote:$10 says you'll wear glasses and get water sprayed on you!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Was there ever any doubt?! That's requirements one and two when building a Universal attraction. :lmao:
Last edited by jray21 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:12 pm.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:13 pm

I'm a bit shocked they didn't mention Buddy the Wiener Dog but I'm sure that was just an oversight. :lol:

In all seriousness I'm excited to hear another dark ride coming to this park.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Secret Life of Pets Ride Announcement

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:44 pm

robbalvey wrote:Universal Studios Hollywood just dropped a "Secret Life of Pets" announcement....

secret_life_of_pets-560x827.jpg

Universal Studios Hollywood Takes Guests on a Whirlwind Journey through New York City in an All-New “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” Ride Inspired by Illumination’s Worldwide Blockbuster Movie, Opening in 2020

Universal City, CA, April 10, 2019 – Adoption day is the ultimate rite of passage for every animal seeking a home, and it’s now the inspiration for Universal Studios Hollywood’s lively new ride, “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!,” opening in 2020 based on Illumination’s 2016 global blockbuster and upcoming sequel, which answers the question, “What do your pets do when you’re not at home?”

In this all-new fully immersive experience, guests will assume the roles of stray puppies as they join a familiar cast of leading characters from The Secret Life of Pets — Max, Snowball, Gidget, Chloe and Duke, along with a host of other animal friends — on the ultimate quest of finding forever homes.

“We are thrilled to be able to bring another exciting Illumination movie-based ride to our guests,” said Karen Irwin, President and COO, Universal Studios Hollywood. “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!’ will capture the essence of the popular film and invite our guests to live vicariously through some of their favorite characters as they embark on a one-of-a-kind experience only available at Universal Studios Hollywood.”

The innovative adventure will blend live, dimensional and animated characters with hyper-realistic media as guests zip along a track aboard ride vehicles through bustling New York City streets towards the Pet Adoption event and the ultimate happy ending: forever homes. Along the way, guests will face an array of challenges and meet up with fellow animal pals eager to help guide them toward their destination.

“The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” will be located adjacent to the popular “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” and “Super Silly Fun Land” attractions.

Illumination’s The Secret Life of Pets 2, the next chapter in the franchise, arrives in theaters June 7, 2019.

You KNOW I'm gonna like this one!!! Can I take my dawg? She's got a few secrets!! ;) :lol:

Alice

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:37 am

Since it is themed to pets, I bet the water will be themed to something else.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:23 am

I'm hoping slobber or licking, but I'm scared it'll be something yellow.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:12 am

Erik Johnson wrote:

Since it is themed to pets, I bet the water will be themed to something else.

Beware the fire-hydrant scene!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:52 am

Or... Beware the dog-getting-a-bath scene! :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:52 pm

What is interesting to me is the location of the ride. In the former Globe theater next to Despicable Me. I wonder about the scale of the ride myself. Glad to see another dark ride going in!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:01 am

DBJ wrote:What is interesting to me is the location of the ride. In the former Globe theater next to Despicable Me. I wonder about the scale of the ride myself. Glad to see another dark ride going in!

The globe was completely demolished and a new building took its place. It appears to be larger than the Globe was.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!