Sat May 12, 2018 5:26 pm
Jew wrote:Harry Potter is here to stay. It's the modern equivalent of Star Wars. An entire generation grew up with it.
Sun May 13, 2018 12:43 am
Sun May 13, 2018 8:09 am
Sun May 13, 2018 8:20 am
Sun May 13, 2018 11:22 am
Mon May 14, 2018 3:03 pm
COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:I have it on good authority, that all the dinos are being replaced by screens, and they are adding water sprays through the ride. As well, they will add 3D glasses and a
virtual queue, with additional screens. Plus, a new Kong screen, for synergy. Since the Kong attraction(s) feature Dinosaurs.
EDIT: To be clear, this is a joke...
Wed May 16, 2018 1:50 pm
Beginning September 14, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood will bring Legendary Pictures’ cult Halloween classic Trick ‘r Treat to life in all-new Halloween Horror Nights mazes that dare guests to live by the rules or suffer the consequences.
Based on the critically-acclaimed and fan-favorite movie, directed by Michael Dougherty, the “Trick ‘r Treat” maze will transport guests to Warren Valley, Ohio on Halloween night to celebrate the holiday’s dark traditions. Recreating some of the anthology’s most iconic scenes, the disturbing new maze invites brave thrill-seekers to become entwined within the secrets of this sleepy suburban town.
Guests will experience some of the film’s most grisly scenes and encounter hauntingly familiar characters. They will meander through Mr. Kreeg’s infamous house, watch as college students viciously transform into bloodthirsty werewolves and dismember the town, as well as come face-to-face with Sam – the spirit of Halloween – who readies to punish those who break the holiday’s tradition.
Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” in Hollywood and Orlando to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each coast’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.
Additional details about Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” will be revealed soon. Select tickets and vacation packages for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights are on sale now. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” at either Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
Wed May 23, 2018 7:31 am
From the moment guests enter The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™” at Universal Studios Hollywood, they are transported to Hogsmeade village, which this summer will introduce new wand magic experiences, authentic costume replicas, lunchtime menu items and the popular return of “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle.”
- With a gentle flick of the wrist and just the right touch, guests can cast spells throughout “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” at dazzling wand magic locations. This summer’s installation of two additional spells ups the tally to 15 thrilling wand magic experiences to practice. The Incendio fire-making spell will conjure flames of varying size based on skill level, and the Alohomora spell will unlock a series of intricate locks that may reveal the fiery breath of a creature hidden behind a secret door.
- Three Broomsticks expands its lunchtime menu with a selection of traditional British fare, including:
- Ploughman’s Lunch, featuring an imported selection of ham, salami, country paté, English cheese, homemade pickles and a warm scotch egg served with bread, cranberry chutney and grain mustard
- Cheese Toastie with Chicken, featuring grilled English Cheddar cheese with chicken, crispy bacon, mustard and sliced tomato topped with a sunny side egg served with a fresh salad or potato wedges
- Sunday Roast Sandwich served on a freshly baked baguette filled with warm prime rib, caramelized onions, English Cheddar, horseradish sauce and homemade garlic pickles served with fresh salad or potato wedges
- Guests can channel their inner wizards at Gladrags Wizardwear with a wide array of apparel inspired by the films. The billowing house robes worn by the students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and accompanying house uniforms, including hand-loomed cardigans from Scotland, scarves and ties are available for purchase. New to Gladrags Wizardwear this season is a high-end replica of Professor Severus Snape’s robe, as well as a replica of Hermonione’s dress worn at the Yule Ball as seen in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which is now available in adult and children’s sizes. Other wizard attire includes a replica of the cardigan worn by Neville Longbottom in the Battle of Hogwarts scene in the film series finale. Select attire is available in a variety of sizes from toddler to adult.
- Just like the talking mirror in the Harry Potter films, Madam Malkin's Talking Mirror makes quite a reflective entrance this summer, located in the corridor between Dervish and Banges™ and Gladrags Wizardwear. Speaking with an English accent, the Talking Mirror will entertain guests with a variety of complimentary remarks.
- “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle” returns for a limited time only, beginning Saturday, June 23.
As night falls on Hogsmeade village, “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle” shines brightly with an awe-inspiring spectacle that showcases the four houses of Hogwarts: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin, and culminates with awesome beams of lights that fan into the night sky. The colorful state-of-the-art light display and special effects projection is accompanied by a special musical arrangement created by Academy® award-winning composer John Williams based on his original scores composed for the film series. The musical arrangement that emanates in a surround sound environment was conducted by prolific arranger William Ross and recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra in London.
- Inspired by J.K. Rowling’s compelling stories and characters that were brought to life in the Warner Bros. films, “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” at Universal Studios Hollywood is a masterful recreation, faithful to the visual landscape of the fiction and films, including as its iconic focal point, Hogwarts castle.
- From its snow-capped roofs and cobblestone streets to the historic British sensibilities that characterize the whimsical look and feel of the land, “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” transports guests of all ages to the very places they watched on the silver screen.
- The architecturally stunning land also includes the captivating and highly acclaimed “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey” thrill ride, enhanced with 4K-HD and ride film projecting at an astounding rate of 120 frames-per-second for an even more immersive glimpse into Harry Potter’s world, as well as “Flight of the Hippogriff™,” Universal Studios Hollywood’s first outdoor family coaster.
“The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” resonates with immense detail, inviting guests to enjoy authentic food and beverages at multiple locations, including Three Broomsticks and Hog's Head pub, as well as the Magic Neep and Butterbeer carts. A foray through the shops adds to the authenticity of the land with such retail venues as Honeydukes™, Ollivanders™, Owl Post™, Zonko’s™ Joke Shop, Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment, Dervish and Banges™, Gladrags Wizardwear, Filch’s Emporium™ of Confiscated Goods and the Hogsmeade™ Station.
Additional information on Universal Studios Hollywood is available at http://www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com. Join the conversation online using #WizardingWorldHollywood. Like Universal Studios Hollywood on Facebook and follow @UniStudios on Instagram and Twitter.
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:44 pm
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:12 pm