TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IOA/USF - 4/14/05-4/16/05

Day 1

We got to the park at 12, and got a 4pm express pass for Hulk. Then we went on Doctor Doom. This was Zach's first Space Shot...and he loved it! The line was 20 minutes.

We went on Spiderman next. Big freaking deal. It was okay. Gotta love the drop!

Next, we went to Dudley Do-Wrong. Even with a 45 minute wait, we still loved it! I sat in the front and got soaked. Again, I got shot at.

Next was Popeye, another first for Zach. I didn't get too wet this time. There was a 10 minute wait.

After, we went to Dueling Dragons with a 30 minute wait. I did Fire Dragon. Although it's better than Ice, it's still boring. The final corkscrews make the ride.

By that time, our express passes were ready, so we went over to Hulk and rode from the back. It's just as good as I remember. I finally had the courage to do hands up on it. I gotta say, it's awesome with hands up!

With nothing better to do, we waited in a 45 minute line for Hulk. We ended up getting the front. I hate the front of coasters. But let me say this - Hulk + Front = A FUCKING GOOD RIDE. Again, I did hands up on this. You must do Hulk from the front. It's intense, exciting, and exhilerating (sp?). Although there was a bit of headbanging, nothing hurt at all.

We took a final ride on Cat in the Hat. Again, I took flash pictures, but didn't get busted for it. We had a broken car though. It squealed whenever it made a curve.

Dinner was at NBA City. Good food, but expensive. I set the high jump record without even trying. The previous was 16. Then I cheated to get up to 96 inches. If you ever go to NBA City, check out the high score and tell me if it's still there!

Day 2

We started off by watching Zach play in his band at the Hard Rock Live. Lunch was at the Hard Rock Cafe. Then, at 1pm, we went over to Universal. We started with a 10 minute single rider wait from the front. I took flash pictures without getting busted. It's as good as I remember it. Loved the airtime pop. Also, my glasses case flew out and banged someone on the head. It's dented.

The group decided to go to Jaws. I sat it out, and so did Zach. Then we went to MIB. I won with 155,725 points, and I didn't even get the bonus.

BTTF had a 30 minute wait and broke down. Express passes were gone for the day.

We went over and rode ET. This was everyone's first time, and we all agreed that it sucked. Then we went back to Mummy for a 15 minute single rider wait. I was in the exact same seat as last time, but I got a locker this time.

We did Jaws again, and same with MIB. At the end, we did Woody Woodpecker, which was a first credit for me. That brings my count up to 537!

We missed the Mardi Gras parade. Then the park closed, and we went to Animal Planet Live for the awards ceremony. Zach's school, Pine Crest, came in second place in Middle School Concert Band category.

Day 3

We went home.

Overall, it was an awesome trip!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think it changes on a daily basis!

Seriously though, Robb and I have both noticed that Fire seems to run better when it's hot and Ice runs better when it's cold! I'm not even kidding here, just something we've noticed after riding them the last 5 years! God, they're 5 years old!!! That makes me feel old!

Elissa "I got burned on Fire Dragon!" Alvey

I find that it ends too quickly, and you take the inversions too fast. I can't really enjoy it. Like, the first immelman on Fire is so quick that I didn't even know what hit me.

You have to be kidding...the first Immelman is taken MUCH slower than the rest of the ride.

The SECOND immelman however is the one that whips you around then throws you into one of the best helicies Ive been on personally. (doesnt say much)

I find the first immelmen is taken so perfectly I even get some airtime in the right seat.

Front/Back right seats on Fire are the BEST spots and on Ice its the opposite, Left Front/Back.

Anthony "Fire Dragon is my baby" Harrison

^ I've got to agree with Nemmy about Fire's first Immelman - not only is it taken to quickly, but I don't love the "shape" of it. I like Montu's WAY more in the way that it rotates in on itself, kind like Top Gun at PCar and Talon/Great Bear. Those feel much more natural/flowing than Fire's.

Either way, Fire is an absolutely stunning ride and I love living four miles from it.

JC

That first Immelman on Fire.....I adore it....I dig the speed the train goes through inversions. It whips you around and really intensifies the experience.

Especially when you are just going straight on the track right above the ground and the skin on your face is getting pulled back. Its intense, and I love it.

I guess thats why I love Mission: Space as well. I love when my face feels like its gonna be ripped off.

What can I say, im a freak

I haven't read any of this topic and I just wanted to ask a question since you went to US/IOA. My church youth group is going this summer and we got the 2 day pass + 3 free days and we are really pumped. It's just that parking is going to cost more than the tickets! Do you happen to know if we can buy a parking pass? Our youth group leader said it costs $20 to park each day and on some days we are just going for a few hours after working at Give Kids the World. Any help?

Sorry to ask a question in the middle of your topic. I just didn't know if I should make a new topic. Thanks!

^ I've got to agree with Nemmy about Fire's first Immelman - not only is it taken to quickly, but I don't love the "shape" of it. I like Montu's WAY more in the way that it rotates in on itself, kind like Top Gun at PCar and Talon/Great Bear. Those feel much more natural/flowing than Fire's.

Either way, Fire is an absolutely stunning ride and I love living four miles from it.

JC

I can assure you the shapes are identical...especially the first one. How do I know? Because its just sized down and Montu's is just larger.

As with larger rides, they tend to be more drawn out. I found Montu's to be TOO big, or rather, slow. Someone told me you got tons of floater, but I never really moved from my seat, wherever I sat. Fire's first definatly gives me floater in the front seat. However, the differences are minor I believe. Nearly every single element on a B&M follows the exact same rules and guidelines and only a few select rides feature shaping thats off the ordinary.

But my view of Montu is particularly skewed because it was such a let down. It felt alot like Hulk....huge. And while I enjoyed Montu immensly, it didnt really deliver any G's and hardly any floating/airtime.

My fave thing is gettin thrown around a bit. The larger rides dont do that because transitions are so huge. I still enjoy them, still love em, but they dont sit at the top of my list. But I can assure you the shape is the same, however, the exits are most definatly different since they dont exit to the same degree. Which can have a huge effect on the rotation and how it feels.

Um, I'm pretty sure that parking is somewhere between $7 & $10 depending on if it's a car or a van. You can go in and out that day as many times as you'd like.

Where are you staying? If you're staying close you could always just walk or take a shuttle.

Elissa "there are very few places that charge $20 for parking...and that's preferred or valet!" Alvey

Daily parking fees per vehicle:

Cars, vans and motorcycles: $9.00*

Taken from: http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/phi_directions.html

If $9 is still too much one of you could always get a real season pass which includes free parking for $180. Do the math, figure out which option makes sense.

Elissa "Sometimes, adults lie and don't know what they're talking about, cough youth group leader cough" Alvey

That first Immelman on Fire.....I adore it....I dig the speed the train goes through inversions. It whips you around and really intensifies the experience.

Especially when you are just going straight on the track right above the ground and the skin on your face is getting pulled back. Its intense, and I love it.

I guess thats why I love Mission: Space as well. I love when my face feels like its gonna be ripped off.

What can I say, im a freak

Hey, I agree with that. That you're a freak. And, well, about Mission: SPACE.

I don't mind speed in inversions, but I felt like my legs were snapping (I was in the back). Must've been me.

The back is definatly the most intense place on Fire. I dont recall having my legs snapped (Just got over a dozen rides last week) but it is "Snappy".

But by and large thats the most graceful part of Fire. The wingovers have more snap than that first Immelman. But I think alot has to do with the fact that it turns more at its exit than most.

Montu only exits like 20-30 degrees from its entrance. Same with Great Bear, also same with Talon. Talons is even less.

So reguardless of speed, it would definatly have more whip unless the thing was huge.

Mission space never made me feel like my face was being ripped off. lol. I could have went for more G's personally Actually the best fun on M:S is to not look at the screen at all on take off. Just lean forward and look down the cabin. I did that, you feel like you are spiralling up on take off, awesome feeling.

Daily parking fees per vehicle:

Cars, vans and motorcycles: $9.00*

Taken from: http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/phi_directions.html

If $9 is still too much one of you could always get a real season pass which includes free parking for $180. Do the math, figure out which option makes sense.

Elissa "Sometimes, adults lie and don't know what they're talking about, cough youth group leader cough" Alvey

Haha. Thanks Elissa, seriously. I'll tell her that and see what she says!