TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Six Flags New England

So, Mr. Six was pretty fun, although totally not worth the 1.5 hour wait that it had in the morning. The spinnig wasn't that big a deal, but the helix and bunny hill were both quite fun. I probably would've enjoyed it more if I had only waited 10-15 minutes, as it was way to short otherwise.

It was also pretty obvious that the Mr. Six branding was easily removable.

I'll have pics of Mr Six, the changes to Superman, and Typhoon construction up in a few.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I agree that it was quite a bit of fun. I was a little worried at first, Im not a spinning ride kinda person, but this wasnt bad. It just made me a little dizzy. As for the wait, an hour and a half was WAY TOO LONG!!!! Next time, I probably wont even ride unless its 20 minutes TOPS. It has magnetic breaks too!!!!

Cant wait for those pics of the Tornado dirt piles.

Rob

Thats what we were wondering. We took the picture because we thought that it was odd that they have them now. I think it makes the park feel very carney like. Its probably something to do with either a federal law, or a state law. All the numbers on all the coasters were all in sequential order (or it seemed without paying much attention), so I assume that its something to do with a new law, or enforcment thereof. Probably state, especially with all the amusement park ride accidents happening in Mass.

Rob

argh, you guys didn't take pictures of the new restraints. I sorta saw them from the picture of the train from the exit, but it was hard to tell if it had side bars or not.

Oh yeah, this picture http://zansstuff.com/sfne41605pages/IMG_1399.html

makes me "real" safe when I go ride Typhoon.

Craiggers "Build your own Typhoon! As Seen on TV!" K.

Ah, the restriants on Superman.... If you went last year, they are the same, with the side bar on the legs. However, they did get rid of the "Go-no go" belts and replaced it with a computerized system which can tell which seat is not ready, as seen in http://zansstuff.com/sfne41605pages/IMG_1380.html If you look closely enough, there are 3 green spots, and the rest is red, that happend right after we got off, some of the restraints got stuck closed.

We did notice a flaw with the system, the dispatch guy would tell the ride ops to recheck a car, not a specific seat, so we sat there for about 10 minutes while they figured out that a rider was too large. They would have seen that with the previous side straps. Oh well, hopefully they will get better at it as the season moves on.

Rob

I was thinking either an access road or tube storage for the pole forest, but I'm not sure. The asphalt didn't go all the way to the fence.

As for the cut-off girls, you can blame photomerge for that one. They moved in between the shots that made up the panorama. A group of four older people wearing red ACE windbreakers over blue ACE shirts with "Coaster Enthusiast" hats also got cut off, but there are still plenty of ACE shirts (plus the guy with the coaster patches on his vest) visible.

^^ That really is quite the group of rejects...

- Blind Person

- Floating Head

- ACEer in Patch Jacket

- Nemo

- Girl Picking Teeth

- Guy in Ski Hat

- Scary guy checking out young girls ass

- Huge mexican guy in the back

Elissa "of course I would be waiting in that line for the credit also!" Alvey

Yeah... I to was at SFNE and yeah.. Mr Six isnt that fun and doesnt spin that much. I got one ride at the start of the day.. Ran down to it right when it opened.. (had to wait for a few test rides...)

But later in the day I waited over 2 hours for that shitty coaster....

Eh whatever... I still got my pov on it

We were tempted to ride it again at the end of the day, but there was still a long line. The dispatches were really slow, and they were stacking with just 4 out of 6 cars on. Of course, their solution to this was to add a 5th car, to "shorten the line", although it only served to increase the waiting time on the brake run. It's a shame too, because it would be quite fun with a 10 minute wait.

Also, I forgot to mention that Thunderbolt got a whole bunch of new wood and was running better than I've ever seen it. There was massive ejector air on every hill, and that thing was just flying. It was in some ways more intense than Cyclone, although it was a lot smoother. I was shocked at how much it's improved since last year.

We did notice a flaw with the system, the dispatch guy would tell the ride ops to recheck a car, not a specific seat, so we sat there for about 10 minutes while they figured out that a rider was too large. They would have seen that with the previous side straps. Oh well, hopefully they will get better at it as the season moves on.

Or that people will lose some weight.

Re: Superman restraints:

SFA's got the new stuff too. My problem with the trains is, I can only ride in the back rows of the cars. The front rows have these black boxes where your knees should go. Now I'm pretty tall, and a lot of my height is in my legs. Thus, today when I sat down in the front row of the back car, my knees had nowhere to go but up, and the lap bar couldn't really go over my knees. It was ridiculous. The attendant went over and talked to the operator, she came back and said I was going to have to exit the ride! I said "No, I just rode this yesterday, it's this box that is getting in the way. I can fit easily in the row behind me." So, we switched with the guys behind me, and bam!... I fit fine. See, the back rows don't have that big box for your knees to bump into.

-kip-

Hmm, that's certantly interesting, as we did see one person who wasn't particularly large get kicked off the ride, and he was sitting in the fron row of his car.

As much as I hated the go/no-go belts, I'm starting to think that the new system is worse.