TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

BGW in a (short) day?

I'll be at BGW on Monday, June 6, and it turns out the park is only open from 10-6, since it's so early in the summer. I have the possibility of visiting the next day, but I already (maybe stupidly) ordered single-day discount tix instead of the slightly pricier 2-day option. So the question for experienced BGW-goers (and I know that DarKastle's opening will change things a lot) is: assuming I get there early, tour efficiently, and have some luck, is it reasonable to expect to ride the 4 coasters at least once (hopfully more), Pompeii, DarKastle, and see the Haunted Lighthouse and Corkscrew Hill (and what the heck is that, exactly, anyway?) in just 8 hours? Without totally missing out on some of the nice details of the park?

Itinerary suggestions? Alpengeist or AC first? Any other hints for maximizing a short day?

Oh, and once you're in the park, do they have a "return for the second day" option? On discounted tickets?

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging from last summer, I managed (and on a BUSY day) to get all the coasters done (including rerides) in the first HOUR.

Put your enthusiast-get to the rides-quick-hat on rather than your GP-ooh-look-at-all-the-pretty-flowers-hat and you'll be fine.

They open the front section of the park early - and you can ride Loch Ness a couple of times "before" the park opens, get to the rope-drop at opening time, leg it around to Alpengeist, get a couple of rides (no-one else is there for a while - front seat rides on an otherwise empty train!), get a couple of rides on BBW and you get around to Apollo by the time the Q's build up- but hey, you know that there is a SRQ and you are off....

Use the rest of the day to look at the pretty flowers.

Dave.

(and Corkscrew Hill is a 3D motion type-thingy (in a box))

It can be done easily...I have a season pass to BGW and only spent an hour in the park yesterday and managed to get all 4 coasters done...and got to ride Loch Ness 3 times. It was a great, very short day. Also, dont pass up Corkscrew hill, it s fun ride!

Yeah, you shouldn't have any problems getting everthing done, especially since it will be a weekday in early summer. Like someone else said, ride get your front row and whatnot on Alpie early but if you can give it a ride later in the day as well. It is by far the one of the most finicky Beemers I've ridden in terms of needing time to warm up during the day. If your ride seems sluggish in the morning, try it later. Have fun!

Thanks, all, for the encouraging words...I'm really looking forward to my trip.

BTW, if anybody else is heading down there, I ordered discounted tickets to BGW and PKD from

http://www.vwc.edu/vrps/home/information/Tickets/discount_theme_park_tickets.htm

Seemed to be the best deal I could get without waiting till I arrived and scrounging for Coke cans or haunting Burger King...and they also have tix for Hershey, SFA, and Carowinds...one-stop shopping.