TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

First onride Video of Kanonen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official, I'm in love!

Seriously though, this looks great! I'm really excited to ride it in two months! I hope it's as good as it looks.

Elissa "Who needs Kingda Ka with cute little launched coasters like this around!?" Alvey

Reading and hearing 'round, it seems that the ride is actually a bit rough, people coming up with bruises today after riding it. Also, some said that the cars "groans in the joints when going round the curves" and that the miniature airtime hill was painful. I am looking more and more forward to it!

I have been KINDLY *cough*yeahright*cough* been asked to advertise my good friend Zaniack's new Kanonen on-offride footage video, So that is what I do:

Here

You can also find the first video sans weird codec here. [/url]

That video's excellent, tell your good friend Zaniack, well done from me!

I cant wait to ride it in a month, it looks fantastic. I dont care if its a bit rough, I like rides that throws you around a bit

Btw, it looks like they removed the trim brakes....

I noticed that as well...it does look vicious, but who cares?! Everyones been whining about rides not being intense enough, now there is one, and since its got forces its too intense?

I HARDLY doubt the ride is "rough" but I bet the ride suffers from high intensity in small, small areas. Hence, VERY fast transitions can sometimes lead to higher G's.

EDIT- There is ONE single fin (well, a pair) on the first airtime hill, but really now, how much can ONE pair of fins do? maybe a few mph, at most.

There is rumors about Tusenfryd adding a launched coaster for the 2006 season, and the park has confirmed that theyre getting something "big" next year. Im sure the management on Tusenfryd has watched the construction of Kanonen, so I wouldnt be surprised to see a small-scale Intamin rocket coaster