TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Paramount's King's Dominion adds a STARBUCKS!!!

This just in from PKD!

Paramount's Kings Dominion Offers a Perfect Blend

Paramount's Kings Dominion opens a Starbucks Coffee location this season.

DOSWELL, Va.-Paramount's Kings Dominion has "brewed" a hot idea with the addition of a Starbucks Coffee location to the 400-acre theme park's list of delectable delights. Starbucks lovers can now enjoy a Frappuccino® blended beverage before riding their favorite roller coaster or a warm cup of Caffè Verona® brewed coffee during chilling FearFest weekends this fall. The full-service, 1,800-square-foot Starbucks Coffee is located in the front of the park on International Street.

"We are thrilled to bring Starbucks to Paramount's Kings Dominion," said Eugene Naughton, Vice President of Resale for Paramount's Kings Dominion. "With Starbucks stylish interior, including comfortable lounge furniture and relaxing music, guests won't believe they're sipping their favorite Starbucks beverage amidst the thrills and excitement of Paramount's Kings Dominion."

Starbucks joins Paramount's Kings Dominion's diverse lineup of dining options including Subway®, Chick-fil-A®, Bubba Gump's Shrimp Shack, Happy Days Diner and more!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are still working on the Starf**ks at PKI, and the Chik-Fil-A on the park map is still Magilla Gorillas.

Starbucks will be a great addition for those mornings that I am standing by the rope waiting to run to a broken down Hypersonic.

I, for one, welcome our caffeine weilding overlords.

That's one thing .. I bet the prices are jacked up at Chik-fil-A as well .. but still .. if I go on a Sunday, I want Chik-fil-A !

About the religious thing .. the other day at the one by our apartment, the manager said "God Bless You" when we were walking away from the counter .. it just didn't sit well with us .. kinda creepy.

There is a Starbucks at Universal Studios Orlando right across from the Beetlejuice show, and the prices are not that out of line with out of park locations. And when you compare the price to "normal" theme park inflated prices, it all evens out.

Besides, I'd rather pay $4 for a Frappucinno than $4 for a coke. It just feels like you're not getting "as" ripped off, although I am sure you are!

I don't really have a problem with Starbucks. If they want to put one in a park, let them.

I don't know what to make of Chik-fil-A really. But it seems that they're really not helping in changing other peoples perceptions and stereotypes of Southerners, lol. I know you'd never get my mom, who's extremely biased towards the South, near one.

Besides, I'd rather pay $4 for a Frappucinno than $4 for a coke. It just feels like you're not getting "as" ripped off, although I am sure you are!

No kidding. I think the same thing whenever I get a frappacinno at the USF one. I'm like, "I pay over $3 for a powerade anyway, what's a little bit more for something that tastes so much better." I love that Starbucks!

I work in a coffee house part time, our Frappucinnos are called "Whirlybirds", and they cost 28 cents to produce a 24 oz serving. Add an additional 10 cents for flavor syrup. (We charge $3.80!) vs. fountain soda, 12 cents per 24 ounces. (We charge $1.70)

OK, you can call me a NERD now.

For all of you wondering about Chick-Fil-A, it won't go away! The reason its closed on Sundays is because the company's owner and higher ups are religious. So, christian-owned chain+Sunday=closed.

All of the Chick-Fil-A's are closed on Sundays, company policy.

-Carl "Hope that clears up some confusion!"F.

I don't know what to make of Chik-fil-A really. But it seems that they're really not helping in changing other peoples perceptions and stereotypes of Southerners, lol. I know you'd never get my mom, who's extremely biased towards the South, near one.

So what's the story with Chik-fil-As? Never heard of them till just now. Is their slogan "Kill a cock for Christ" or something? And hey, I'm headed for PKD and BGW fully aware that many Southerneers are "extremely biased" toward me, as Virginia has the most restrictive anti-same-sex-marriage and anti-domestic-partnership law in the USA. Virginia is for straight lovers, apparently.

They are adding Chick to PKI and Starbucks as well. They have also added an ice cream parlor featuring Graeters (which for those of you unfamiliar, is an awesome, super butter fat ice cream). I used to work at one of the Graeter's stores here in Cincy and Kathy Graeter, one of the owners (and my old boss) was at the opening Saturday. She said they trained the employees and supply the product, but essentially, PKI runs the store, so maybe the Chick restaurant will not have to abide by "company rules".

Shari "is their chicken any good???" Shoufler

Yeah I understand the Chik-fil-A religious thing, but still think they aer stupid and missing out on one of the busiest times of the week. We have this Mexican Food place near us that was closed on Sundays, due to the family being extremely Catholic, they started opening on sundays and do their best business, the ownsers relizaed they were missing out on tons of profits ... but with that being said, I bet PKD and PKI are outsoucring to get the food from them, so hopefully they will be open on Sundays.

Chik-Fil-A is some of the worst fast food ever! I used to think it was impossible to screw up a chicken sandwich until I ate at one of these places. Never again!

It would be really odd for a restaurant to be closed in a park on a Sunday, but that is a CFA policy, so I guess we'll see what happens...

dt

Chik-Fil-A is some of the worst fast food ever! I used to think it was impossible to screw up a chicken sandwich until I ate at one of these places. Never again!

dt

Chik-fil-A bad .. wow ... it's one of my fav places .. had some bad experiences there, but the food is yummy so that makes up for it.