TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Getting to SF: Great Adventure by public transport

As some of you are aware 'Cllins', myself & a few others are over in the USA in June.

After our road trip to various parks we're heading back to New York for a couple of days. On one of these days the plan is go to SF:Great Adventure.

As we will no longer have a hire car ( We're not that mad to drive around Manhattan) we need to get to the park via public transport.

I already found details of the bus (route #308) that goes from Manhattan to the Park. However this bus gets to the park after it has opened, as we're all keen to get Q-bots - this maybe be too late

I did find last year details of a bus (route #310) that went from a placed called Trenton to the park. The idea was to catch a train to from Manhattan to Trenton, then catch a bus from there, hopefully getting at the park at opening time

Now looking on the New Jersey Transits website http://www.njtransit.com/nn_sp_sixFlags.shtml there no mention of this bus service.

Does anyone have details of this bus service? Does it still run at all? Or any info would be useful

Thanks

Paul " at worse we get the bus from Manhattan" Chapman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find any additional info on the bus from Trenton, but you could always go down to Philiadelphia (Maybe spend a day there seeing the sights) and take the bus from there. That bus does get to the park at opening. (On Saturdays at least)

Maybe you could even get the bus back to NYC instead of going back to Philly as well. You could also try calling NJ Transit at 1-800-772-2222 and see if you can get a Customer Service operator to help you plan your trip.

Last year, there is a direct bus service that leaves from the port authority bus terminal on 42nd street, it cost $22.

I caught it last year when I was in New York and it took about an 1.5 hours to get there. It is different to where you have to change at Trenton.

The bus I caught left at around 7.30 - 8.00am, which should get you there nice and early for the running of the bulls to Kinga Ka. Though the direct route was seasonal so you may need to check that out. Otherwise the sightseeing places also have transport to SFGAdv.

Last year, there is a direct bus service that leaves from the port authority bus terminal on 42nd street, it cost $22.

I caught it last year when I was in New York and it took about an 1.5 hours to get there. It is different to where you have to change at Trenton.

The bus I caught left at around 7.30 - 8.00am, which should get you there nice and early for the running of the bulls to Kinga Ka. Though the direct route was seasonal so you may need to check that out. Otherwise the sightseeing places also have transport to SFGAdv.

All I can say is good luck...

Public Transportation between major cities is pretty sketchy at best. Have you looked into just renting a car for the day? You can rent one on in Manhattan, drive immediatley OUT, then you'll be coming back later at night with less traffic.

Elissa "again, good luck!" Alvey