TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PKI fanatics are senile

I used to be one of the fan crazed people for PKI, I thought all the rides were the best around and nothing could come close.

Over the years I grew less and less impressed with them and got sick of the park. Since I have had the opportunities to visit new parks I know that Pki is a really crappy park, it was once a great Amusement park but now it's a commercialized ghetto attempt to be Disney World.

I love to go on to the PKI fan sites and just tell it like it is and watch the members get mad at what I say. They need a reality check, just today I posted about the Italian Job Stunt Track video I watched and how crappy the ride looks and that they should ride a real themed coaster like the Incredible Hulk.

Sure enough I got the PKI lunatic responses "PKI can't be as good as IOA cause they don't have the money" "Or "Ioa isn't that good, Pki's Tomb Raider is just the same" better yet "Italian Job would fit in at IOA" these people need a reality check.

If you love to see people blinded by ignorance go and post on some PKI fan sites about how you dislike their rides

ADMIN EDIT: Fixed spelling mistakes and formatting so this post didn't look like one long paragraph.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call it a crappy park at all. PKI has been one of my favorite parks, well in terms of enjoyment since my first visit in 2000. Granted it's not in my Top 10, but parks in there are world-class. PKI does however provide a great time and always have nice things and people.

Jeff is one of the nicest guys I've ever met and not to mention they do have some decent rides (Adventure Express, Drop Zone, Delirium, Vortex) and the fact they are the #1 seasonal amusement park speaks for itself. I think the last few years has been rough on Paramount for funding, but the park does a good job of making with what they get, plus I think Italian Job looks to be a pretty decent ride, except the fact the removed the flyers for it .. my only beef.

I can partially relate with you. I have gotten "tired" of the same 'ol at the park. However, trying to piss off fans of the park is immature and pointless. Perhaps those people have also seen other parks but believe that PKI has something that the others don't.

The point is that everyone has opinions and you should respect those opinions, even if you believe that they aren't "right."

The point is that everyone has opinions and you should respect those opinions, even if you believe that they aren't "right."

Agreed.

I'm not a big fan of PKI either, but there are certainly other parks I dislike more.

--Robb "The minute you feel the need to correct someone for having an opinion is when you belong on CoasterBuzz!" Alvey

To the admin edit I apologise, even though I don't think it was bad it may of been seeing as I was on flights all day from 4 am to about 8 pm . I never said that their opinions are wrong and I don't appreciate you saying that I did. If this post is anything it is proving how intolerant people are of opinions that aren't like their own.

I think PKI this a very nice park. I havent visited since the new water park was built but i have always had a very good time at the park. The only negative i find is the lack of excellant steel coasters.

But if you have smaller children the park has imho the best kids area of regional theme parks and when my kids were smaller they always had a very good time and enoyed the variety of rides and the nick characters!!

Stich:

You are right. You never said, "their opinions are wrong." However, you called them lunatics and ignorant. You dissed them for their opinions about a park and attractions that they love. Remember, you were one of "them" not too long ago.

Now, the only intolerance you are reading from me is the intolerance I have of people criticizing the opinions of others (i.e. "I love to go on to the PKI fan sites and just tell it like it is and watch the members get mad at what I say." You may tell it like you see it, but why would you go to a PKI fan site to diss it? Lame.).

If I were one to point fingers, I would point mine at your signature, which shows your "top three rides" all located at one park. What you say to me if I told you that I saw a video of those rides and thought they were "crappy?"

Second Point: Debate is debate, but don't be throwing down insults. It does nothing for the creditability of your opinion which I, as all should, respect.

I'm not trying to start up anything, only trying to get peace for the whole world.

I would have no problem with you saying anything about IOA because I know it's your opinion. My point is people are a bit hypocritical when it comes to the internet, it is not like real life when we are all cool with each other, online we all have to protect our "Status". I in no way think people are like they are online but I will be my online self too

Eric "It's all cool with me, we're all human" Gallagher

Having just returned from Opening Day at PKI (see other topic) I have to say that while I respect your opinion, Eric, I do think you are being just a bit toooo passionate in your "dislike" of the park, and I do resent that you seem to have it "in" for those who are fans of the park.

Everyone likes a certain park or parks for a reason. If I had to choose my favorite park-hands down, it wouldn't be PKI, it would be Magic Kingdom at WDW. That said, however, PKI is my home park, I have been going there since season one and have even worked there for a few seasons. I will be the first to admit that they are lacking in quite a lot of areas these days (a fact I blame on Paramount) and I really can't say that I see it as being a "destination" park-where people would plan their whole vacation around a trip there. However, for those of us here in southwest Ohio, it is a great place to spend an day or part of a day-particularly if you have kids. If I were someone who wanted only to ride major thrill rides, I can't say that I would be particularly impressed with PKI as they have definitely lagged behind Cedar Point, IOA and many of the Six Flags parks in that area. However, I am the mother of a six year old and there is more than enough for us to do.

Shari "just my two cents worth" Shoufler

To call PKI a crappy park is a little overboard to me.

The Beast alone is still a huge draw for me and is my favorite wooden coaster.

Don't ask me why, it just has that "X Factor" to it for me.

PKI however could do with some improvements in general but I wont' get into all that.

The thing I found hillarious was reading on a certain site *Cough*PKICentral*Cough* how Carowinds was going to ruin the flyers by slowing them down and by the paint job, etc, etc, etc.

Now one of their faithful has ridden the flyers in their new home and said they actually run better at Carowinds and he actually called Carowinds the "jewel of the Paramount chain" which in some ways I have to agree with.

PKD and PKI have become too ghetto and I don't always feel safe in either park especially on a busy Saturday when all the "hood" comes out to "play". lol :shock:

PKI have become too ghetto and I don't always feel safe in either park especially on a busy Saturday

OK.... Now you've gone to far..... (Just kidding)

Seriously.... You say you feel unsafe??? Now, I might buy that for PKD... from what I have heard they have had metal detectors since the mid-nineties...but PKI? Come on.

We live 5 minutes from the park and while we avoid the busy Saturdays (not because of safety, just because as passholders there is no reason to go when there's such a crowd) I can honestly say that I have never, ever felt unsafe. True, there was an incident there about 9 years ago, where a kid fired off a gun during an MTV dance party event, but there has been little violence at the park and probably even less chance of something serious (like a gun or knife) since the metal detectors were installed post 9/11.

I am the first to admit that the park is not as clean as it was in the 70's and 80's, and it does attract an element that you don't see at, say, WDW, but I have never feared for my safety.

Shari

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well part of that might be due to the fact that the two times I've been have been on busy Saturdays.

Saturdays from about mid June until mid August are the worst... we try to avoid Saturdays entirely except for the very beginning and very end of the season. Weekdays, including Fridays, are the best. And also Sunday mornings-especially during the pre and post seasons. Everyone's at church and so I will say "Let's go to Sunday service at Our Lady of the Eiffel Tower!"

Shari Be there when they pull back the ropes" Shoufler

Saturday's bring the 'worst' crowds into parks. In my experience, I usually tend not to judge a park on Saturday crowds since that is the one day of the week that you seem to get the a lot of unruly kids.

Sundays seem to be a really good day to see the park's 'true' patrons.

--Robb

^ Funny, I was just discussing with Catrina this morning that most negative TRs start the same way. "I entered the park at 2pm on a Saturday"

Having just got back from PKI's opening weekend, I can understand some of people's gripes. I have gone to PKI since I was a kid, and once I started traveling around more and more PKI lost a little something. The Beast isn't the big bad monster I built it to after my first ride and some of the other ride experiences in the park are not the top of their class by far.

With that said; I still enjoy my visits to PKI, because I have come to appreciate it for what it is, and most people who go there do the same.