TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Manufacturer

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealth didn't float my boat, I thought it was ok, but could of gotten a better coaster, but I would have perferred them to get rid of the Grizzly rather than the Stealth, at least the stealth was fun, the Grizzly BLOWS ASS, just my professional opinion

I see a lot of talk w/ B&M and Intamin and rarely are others mentioned. I love both B&M and Intamin, but here are a couple of the others.

Morgan - I love what they did with Steel Phantom at Kennywood. Phantom's revenge has some of the most hardcore air-filled dips of any coaster ever made. While smooth is great, there is nothing quite the feeling you get going down a big Morgan drop. It is like falling off a cliff with a car chained to your ankle.

Maurer Stone - I really like their take on the spinning mouse and would love to get to one of the custom installations.

Apparently there are some Vekoma haters out there.

Curious as to why. I'm only very familiar with Disney parks -- and I know that Cal. Screamin is Intamin -- but why would Disney not stick with one manufacturer? (Vekoma did RNR and is apparently doing Expedition everest).

Does Vekoma have THAT bad of a rep? And if so, why would Disney use them for some large attractions?

I have a really hard time picking a favorite. I like Premier, Intamin, and B&M. There are aspects about each that I love.

Premier- sheer intensity of the rides as well as the ingenious design

B&M- Intensity, smoothness

Intamin- overall experience.

The only Intamin i have been on is Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril (euro disney) this ride sucked if theres somthing worse than being draged thought a hidden tiny loop far to fast its being draged thought a hidden tiny loop far to fast backwards!!! B&S are the best, there the sexiest roller coasters on earth!

CCI are the lords of wood, no contest. GCI has some good ones too but they lack the airtime or the grinding laterals to make them real wooden masterpieces.

Intamin and B&M are tied in steel imo. I mean B&M keeps making all this tame shit where as Intamin made junk for a lot of years. Now Intamin is the company for Hypers or Launched coasters.

Basically take a look at my top ten (combined wood N' steel) coaster list:

1) Cornball Express- CCI

2) Millennium Force- Intamin

3) Superman- Ride of Steel (SFA)- Intamin

4) Raging Bull- B&M

5) Shivering Timbers- CCI

6) Raptor- B&M

7) Wicked Twister- Intamin

8) Wildcat- GCI

9) Top Thrill Dragster- Intamin

10) Batman: The Ride (SFGAmer)- B&M

However if you consider the excellent rides I need to ride to properly judge them GCI only has Thunderhead... B&M has Nitro, AC, a slew of inverts and Kracken. Intamin has ExGeForce, SROS (SFNE) and Storm Runner. CCI has Goustrider, Raven, Legend, etc...

So B&M and Intamin will probably have even numbers of rides in my top ten when I finally ride a good number of their best rides. GCI has pretty much ran out of steam, CCI has lots more to go on. Yay.

ride6

Tough one. I prefer speed and smoothness to nonstop heavy positive Gs or crushing intensity, so I lean toward B&M. Their best coasters just seem to have this elegance - the Hulk, for instance, or Montu. On the other hand, MF, S:ROS, TTD, and Xcelerator are some of the most amazing rides - okay, maybe the most amazing rides - I've been on.

I know B&M has taken a lot of heat lately for repetitiousness and failure to innovate. Still, S:ROS has been cloned twice, and KK is essentially TTD with a big bunny, so...

Judging from what I've ridden Id' have to say Intamin/B&M for steelies, and of course CCI for wood.

BUT, I have a feeling that Gerstlaur will soon be rising to the top of the coaster business. I personally haven't ridden any of their rides, but the more I look at them, the company is just genius. The way their toboggan rides fuse the twister and mouse forms looks INCREDIBLE, and the Eurofighter and spinning rides just look great also.

For the ones I have been on I would have to say my favorites are ...

Bolliger & Mabillard

I have been on The Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons and Chang, all of the rides have such ellegant yet forcefull layouts. I personally do not enjoy the Stand Up by B&M but they're look, sound, layouts and smoothness are more than enough to make up for it.

Premier Rides

While there could be a lot of reasons to choose a company I only have one for this one, their innovativeness is supurb.

Anton Schwarzkopf Company

The greatest company ever in my eyes, so many innovations and intense creations