TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Storm Runner intensity?

Is the drop on Storm Runner really intense? The biggest drop I've ever been on is 115ft on DD at IOA. Storm Runner is faster, so the drop doesn't take as long. Does that make the feeling in your stomach stronger during the drop, or is it "nothing'. Also, how would you compare Storm Runner's launch to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's at WDW? :?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be up front, I've never been on Storm Runner, but I can tell you that RnRC's launch is the most gentle launch I've ever experienced, and I've been on a fair share of launched coasters. As for the drop, I can't really help you there, because it takes a lot to get that feeling in my stomach anymore. Very few coasters do it for me.

Edited by Scaparri

I've never been on RRC or Storm Runner, but I've been on my fair share of launched coasters, and I've been on Xcelerator. Xcelerators launch is really fast and really intense, but for novices like yourself you might be freaked out by just looking at it, since the launch is so instantaneous. It may be fast and intense but man coastering just doesn't get any better than that, oh wait the top hat!

Well, if you ride the front seat, you will get a bit of ejector airtime at the top of the tophat, but then you slow down while the rest of the train hits the top. Then you go over gently. If you sit near the back you get some good airtime on the drop itself like sitting in the back on Xcelerator.

Is the drop on Storm Runner really intense? The biggest drop I've ever been on is 115ft on DD at IOA. Storm Runner is faster, so the drop doesn't take as long. Does that make the feeling in your stomach stronger during the drop, or is it "nothing'. Also, how would you compare Storm Runner's launch to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's at WDW? :?

haha lol I use to be like you. It's not that intense trust me. Althought I was about to ride it, as soon as it was my turn for the front row...it shuts down because of the severe thunderstorm that was 30 flipping miles away. Talk about luck...Nitro at SFGADV broke my fear of the "drop feeling"...Or lol as Robb and Elissa refer to it as the "hamster faces" lol (correct me if I'm wrong)

Painfully Too Intense Launch: Dodonpa

Intense and Great Launch: Xcelerator

Very Good Launch: Storm Runner

Good Launch: Premier Spaghetti Bowls and others

Is this really a Launch: Vekoma Launched Coasters

Elissa "ouch Dodonpa" Alvey

^eh...how many other launched coasters have you been on? I used to find that any launched coaster would give me that 'feeling' in my stomach, but now as I get more experienced with launched rides, very few give me that feeling.

As of now it's only: Xcelerator and Hypersonic. Dodonpa didn't because I was keeling over in pain instead!

Elissa "god that thing really hurt!" Alvey

I've never been on RRC or Storm Runner, but I've been on my fair share of launched coasters, and I've been on Xcelerator. Xcelerators launch is really fast and really intense, but for novices like yourself you might be freaked out by just looking at it, since the launch is so instantaneous. It may be fast and intense but man coastering just doesn't get any better than that, oh wait the top hat!

I thought California Screamin' was the TAMEST in my opinion... I've been on Rock'n' Roller Coaster, and it wasn't THAT bad, but CS was worse.

I think it is all relative with Storm Runner, I had been on Top Thrill Dragster 48 hours before SR and compared to TTD, SR is not that intense at all and I found the same with Xcelerator.

But if you haven't been on TTD or Xcelerator you will probably find SR quite intense.

Stormrunner's launch is the least intense Intimin launch to me.

Xcelerator/TTD/SR

The one painful thing about SR is if you have a long torso those shoulder restraints can really dig in at some points. But overall I'd take that over getting my ears/jaw battered, depending on where the OTSH hits.

Comparing all of the launches:

Xcelerator

Hypersonic

TTD

SR

Volcano: TBC

Any Premier launched

Any Vekoma launched

Don't really remember getting any heavy launch forces from any of the Premier or Vekoma I've been on, which is most of them now.

George

The Florida comparison really doesn't show the difference in launches.

Its more like comparing RnRC with the Premier Spaghetti bowls/Flight of Fear/Mr. Freeze/Batman & Robin launches. Those Premier launches are much more powerful/intense then RnRC.

Plus Mummy's launch isn't powerful because of the short track layout and space.

^eh...how many other launched coasters have you been on? I used to find that any launched coaster would give me that 'feeling' in my stomach, but now as I get more experienced with launched rides, very few give me that feeling.

As of now it's only: Xcelerator and Hypersonic. Dodonpa didn't because I was keeling over in pain instead!

Elissa "god that thing really hurt!" Alvey

I've been on only two launched coasters(I know, it's wimpy, but I've only been to Universal Orlando and WDW).

• 2 weeks later...