TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New tool for your Theme Park trip planning

--- The following plug has received a blessing from the highest source ---

I have been toying with a little project for a while now. It is a simple interface to keep track of wait times at American Amusement Parks. I have added all of my waits from the last six months and some of the visitors to my website have been kind enough to add theirs.

The goal is to create a "one-stop-shop" where everyone can enter their wait times from a recent park visit and retrieve information that may help in planning future trips.

At this time the data is divided into:

Park / Coaster

Time of Day

Month of Year

Day of Week

Right now, the project is in testing mode. After the site goes live, the information will be available to anyone who wants it (via XML). I only hope that enough people will contribute to make the data worthwhile. The season is just starting, so add your wait times and before you know it a great resource will exist.

Here is the address:

http://www.whentoride.com

Thank You

whentoride.jpg.64f07217d41df311eb69a6434736e42a.jpg

whentoride.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great idea. Should be pretty cool when its fully functional. Though there are lots of factors that will influence it, such as newness of the ride, ride hype, location, weather, ride maker, capacity, etc. I'll try to do my part to help make it a success, but I warn you, much like Elissa, if I don't need the credit, I won't wait more than 10 minutes, usually.

Derek

-SFMM Deja Vu wait time: 4 years and counting

^ Glad to hear that you are willing to help. It is not a problem at all that you won't wait long for a particular ride. This only helps the system. The database should reflect the wait times of all types of people. Not just the ones who stand in line for 2 hours to ride a SLC.