TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Much worse ... You could actually get on the ride.

X is a good ride, in concept. In execution, not so much. I have ridden it 4 times. Have had 2 okay rides, 1 excellent ride and one ride that was the worst experience I have ever had on a coaster. And yes, that includes the Manhattan Express ride that Robb and I took last year.

If they could somehow make it consistently smooth and re-rideable it could be the best coaster ever. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

X is a strange ride. Before you get on it, people will say so many bad things about it. If you say "Is it any good?" they usually respond with "It is unlike any other thing you have ever rode".

It was a lot more enjoyable the first year that I rode it, but it was pretty harsh this year. While I respect it's uniqueness, I have never been a big fan of coasters that you have to ride with a defensive style.

I found it to be the most disorienting ride I've ever been on, and also one of the roughest. It's especially hard on your legs, since you have no way to support them, and they end up banging against the seat. I'd probably ride it again, though on an inside seat, and I would certainly never wait an hour or more for the ride like many do.

It's an interesting concept that I'd like to see another company take a stab at producing...

dt

X is a great ride. They need to make more of these kinds of coasters. I love X because I've been on it once and waited four hours for it. I think it was defenitly fit for a four hour wait. It was a little rough at some parts, but the rest of the ride rocks!

---Brent

Having only ridden X once, early last summer, and in the front row, I found it to be an amazing experience, and my tolerance for roughness is low. However, I'd been trying to ride the damn thing for two full days, during which it was out of action. So maybe my glee was boosted by running back to SFMM a third morning just to try and get a ride, and ending up on the second train out that day. Sometimes I wonder about extraneous factors influencing my enjoyment of a ride. Would I have liked Raptor more if I hadn't waited in a glacially slow line in the heat of the day? Would Ghostrider have been even more fun without the presence of offensive queue jumpers? Was one reason I liked Mission: Space the fact it was a total walk-on? And so it goes...

X is a good ride, in concept. In execution, not so much. I have ridden it 4 times. Have had 2 okay rides, 1 excellent ride and one ride that was the worst experience

I haven't ride X ...I don't understand..why this difference?? Do every seats make the same movement?or not?..I'll go early in Cal..so...In SFMM!!..which is the "best first ride sit"?

Every inside seat ride I've had on X has been incredible. It's the outside seat rides that have been inconsistant for me. X is one of the most intense coasters out there, and a lot of fun. If X only had the inside seats, it would be one of my top two or three coasters.

X is a good ride, in concept. In execution, not so much. I have ridden it 4 times. Have had 2 okay rides, 1 excellent ride and one ride that was the worst experience

I haven't ride X ...I don't understand..why this difference?? Do every seats make the same movement?or not?..I'll go early in Cal..so...In SFMM!!..which is the "best first ride sit"?

I like SuperCrack have had both great rides and horrible rides on this coaster, without going into detail I will just say all seats do make the same movement, however for some reason (other than the obvious It's an Arrow Coaster excuse) probably due to the great wheel tracking Arrow is known for and other things like the flexing joints holding the seats on, X will give rides ranging from somewhat smooth to unbearable, and there is no way to know what mood, for lack of a better term X will be in when you hop into the seat. The inside seat (closest to the track) of each car seems to not bonk you around as much as the outside seats.

Scott " I remember one time I couldnt see straight it had shaken me so bad" Brown

I had a chance to ride X for the first time earlier this year. It was the day after the Winter Solstice when we got in early and had ERT. The first 2 times I rode near the back. It was pretty rough. I rode both an inside and outside seat. I was about to call it quits because of the head banging but decided to try the front seat. It was a lot smoother and would be my choice for preferred seats. The view over the fist drop is awesome too. Feeling pretty good after the 2 rides up front, I decided to try the back seat outside. The back seat beat the crap out of me and I gave up after my 5th ride of the morning and went to Golia