Mine is always changing since I go to the park just about every week. But currently it is as follows:
1. Steel Vengeance: my overall #1 and almost a perfect ride in every aspect.
2. Maverick: the drop is still the best in the park and it’s still the best drop on any coaster I’ve ridden.
3. Top Thrill Dragster: the launch is still easily the most intense element I’ve experienced on any coaster.
4. Raptor: still my #1 invert.
5. Millennium Force: was my overall #1 for a very long time, and it’s still great, but not as thrilling as it was when it first opened.
6. GateKeeper: Really underrated IMO. I like that it gives such a vast variety of rides depending on where you sit.
7. Valravn: love the drop and inversions.
8. Rougarou: I think it has a brilliant first half, but the second half is just boring.
9. Blue Streak: I’ve always enjoyed it. As long as your not on a wheel seat and not stapled in you should get a somewhat smooth ride with a lot of air. I have always said that with some re- tracking and changing the restraints back to buzz bars with seat belts optional that this could be Phoenix-like. Although I’ve never been on Phoenix...
10. Gemini- pretty smooth with decent amounts of air, a racing element and pretty forceful helix. Yeah, I’m a Gemini fan!
11. Wicked Twister: fun launch, great back seat ride, probably a top 5 coaster at most parks.
12. Magnum XL 200: I don’t know what happened to this ride this year. At the end of last year it was running very well. This year I have yet to get a decent ride on it. I used to be against the idea of it getting the steel phantom treatment, but now I’m all for it.
13. Iron Dragon: pretty smooth and comfortable but just not thrilling at all.
14. Corkscrew: I’ve never liked this. When I was young it was a headbanger, and now the restraints dig into my shoulders making it extremely uncomfortable.
15. Cedar Creek Mine Ride: pretty boring and rough. The helix is fun.
AndrewA86 wrote:12. Magnum XL 200: I don’t know what happened to this ride this year. At the end of last year it was running very well. This year I have yet to get a decent ride on it. I used to be against the idea of it getting the steel phantom treatment, but now I’m all for it.
And I thought it was low in MY rankings! You're absolutely right though... Magnum's always been temperamental in my opinion, giving good rides and bad rides on the same visit. But when I rode in the front two visits ago this year, it was AWFUL! I couldn't wait for it to end! Last time I rode it, at Coastermania, I rode in my typical seat, the front of the last car, and it was decent again. So strange, this one... I definitely don't get all the love for it from enthusiasts, and have to think a lot of that's just fueled by nostalgia at this point.
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer IIShivering Timbers, KrakenMako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning
There are seats/days/hours/seatbelt positions/literally any imaginable factor where Magnum runs like a slightly stronger B&M Hyper, and some seats/days/hours/etc where it's trying to cut your legs off.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler
Discounting the kiddie/junior stuff: Steel Vengeance Maverick Millennium Force Top Thrill Dragster Raptor Magnum Gatekeeper Valravn Rougarou Gemini Blue Streak Wicked Twister Corkscrew Iron Dragon Cedar Creek Mine Ride
I've never seen Magnum as a ride that changes all that much. It's always going to beat the f*ck out of you. You either like that or you don't.
Personally, I've grown to appreciate it now that I learned that seat belt trick. Even with Steel Vengeance, Magnum still has the most aggressive airtime of any ride on the peninsula. I don't mind getting thrown around as long as it doesn't pulverize my thighs and I catch the seatbelt instead.
My only problem with Magnum was my knees being smashed into the back of the seat in front of me on every airtime hill. (I have long legs, and have that same problem on most Arrows.) Other than that, I loved it.
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.