TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review - Site Outage

Hello everyone!

I'm sure as many of you may have noticed, the site went down for the past 24 hours.

Basically, this was an error on the part of our webhost as we had paid an additional fee for increased bandwidth. We were billed for the amount, but it was never credited.

Needless to say, this is the final straw. I am in the process of moving the site over to a new server so, knock on wood, these outages don't happen again.

I also just want to say thanks to everyone for your patience, and over the course of the next week if you experience any further problems know that this is due to transferring the site and any issues will only be temporary.

Oh, and BTW, if anyone ever tells you that "Lypha" is a good webhost, break their kneecaps for me!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb,

I PMed Elissa over at WC about room on our server. We have oodles of space and bandwidth. If you are interested, give me a yell! When RideWorld first debuted, we had to move hosts after one month because our host went belly up! I know how you feel.

Chris

^ More! I actually have 5 different servers that hold different types of files.

Overall I have about 750gb of data transfer available per month and I'm seeing between 22 and 25 gb a day. So do the math and that's coming pretty close to maxing out!

--Robb "The new webhost should be faster and give me more...but it may require the site to be down for a day or two." Alvey

I have just switched over the DNS settings so it's a very good chance you will see more outages over the next couple of days. Please bear with us, I swear it will make things run MUCH smoother soon!

--Robb