TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Slammer at Thorpe Park breaks down big time

Slammer - the S&S fly swat, which only open to the public yesterday (Monday 28th) broke down today

Just one day after opening, Slammer has had a breakdown. It has been reported that the ride stopped mid-swing, leaving passengers stranded. Firefighters were called to the scene, with surrounding areas evacuated (Samurai, Colossus queue line and Canada Creek), althought the ride was lowered succesfully after 30 minutes.

News from here http://www.amitycove.co.uk/

The had been testing it for about 2 weeks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame it happen when the weather was pouring it down. Wouldn’t want to been in that. On Monday it had quite few problems time to time with it not being not lifting due to weight issues and took time to lower sometimes. Hopefully all the teething issues will be sorted and run smoothly soon.

Can't wait to ride again this weekend, If open

Slammer-Thorpe..jpg.e6c7ba751cd0d9796366c46435815ffc.jpg

New S&S Fly Swat At Thorpe Park.

Hey yall-

Slammer looks like a great ride. I have never had the chance to ride an S&S Sky Swat. They look insanly fun and exciting, to bad tehy don't have one in Cali. I would hate to be stuck on that in fierce weather.

Brent "It had only been open for one day, and it's acting like X" Shenton

Hey yall-

Well, lets say S&S isn't the most reliable company. Let's refer back to some fond memories, shall we?

You know the Thrill Shot at SFMM? That thing did the same thing X did, it didn't open on opening day. It was closed for like a month and a day before S&S actually got it up and working. Even to this day, you'll be lucky if you get a ride on Thrill Shot.

With all the breakdowns and issues, I'm glad I went to SFAW when SWAT was open. It is a ride you must NOT miss. It is the #1 Flat I have ever ridden. Although the people I went on with didn't ride it again, they didn't like it. SWAT has alot of different opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no! A bump!

I rode slammer yesturday. S&S have done a brilliant job in my opinion with this ride. The restriants arn't too uncomfortable unless you staple yourself in the sholders, and they really don't feel like they are there once you are being thrust towards the ground.

Going towards the ground is a far better sensation then going backwards.

My only gripe with it was that the setting was abit short. I enjoyed it so much i wanted more

Maybe they axed it since they can't get it to operate at the other two parks properly .. I like SWAT at SFAW .. but please, you'd think by now they'd have a resolution to the issues.

I thought the Fun Center was supposed to have one of every S&S Flats and possibly a Screamin' Squirrel, I have seen the Sky Sling setup and what looks like the first skycoaster from S&S since their pruchase of Skycoaster Inc.

Yeah, the reliability played a major role in not installing it

Have you ever been to Logan...do you think we need a ride with a 48 person capacity? Look at the pictures that are floating around again...there is no skycoaster either.

This is not really a full blown amusement park but just a place to recoup some of the costs of building prototypes. There will be several S&S rides.

I can't comment on the other installations but once Stan gives the go-ahead I'll spill the beans.

Please don't bash our company based on your own speculation and hear-say.

*Cries*

It was supposed to be open at the staff social on Tuesday night, but is still down so we had to settle for Vortex and Nemesis Inferno.

I'll have been trained how to attend on it before I've actually ridden the flipping thing (Ha, flipping thing...get it, cos' it fli...erm, yeah) at this rate.

*Cries more*

I wasn't bashing S&S, frankly I love the ideas coming out of there and the rides .. except I know some issues with SWAT at SFAW and issues with Tower of Power at SFOT that made me think of other reasons not to like them very much.

I think it's dumb for parks to purchase prototypes before they are fully tested and dumb of manufacturers to sell prototpyes before they are fully tested. One thing S&S has done alot in the past. But then again, it's more on S&S for selling the rides before they were fully tested and proven. Saves alot of money to hold on on selling until they have tested most of the bugs out .. bugs creep up all the time anyway.