TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo update of TOT at DisneySea

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what it'll be like without the whole Twilight Zone thing.

It'll be all 'you are about to enter.. the dark hole'. Thier tower looks more intimidating then CA, but FL still looks the most and best. I'm judging on concept art though...DCA's didn't look that like its drawings, we'll see.

That thing looks crazy big... I mean how does it look larger than the MGM one? Man I wonder what the ride is gonna be like.

Also they really aren't going to have a Twilight Zone theme? I guess it probably isn't as recognizable there but still what will it be?

I like the ToT design for the TDL version. I am curious how the Paris version will look.

--Soeren

diddo.

Very curious how Paris will look. TDL's design looks slick.

Great site searchin Super Crack. It would be interesting to see what size the bricks are, and if they variegate the dimensions of them from base to top.

Dang, that looks good. Let's hope that it comes out just how it concept art looks. I doubt it, because remember, it's Disney. Oh well, it's still gonna kick butt.

Actually since the thing is being built in Japan it's under OLC budget. I would think that the ride would be pretty close to the original concept.

Take this into consideration:

DCA's Tower reportedly cost between $90 and $100 million. TDL's is estimated at $190 million (US).

And unlike DCA's tower it appears to just loom over the entire American Waterfront area.

Anybody have any idea what it is they are building what seems behind the tower. It's shown in picture 64 on that site.

Actually since the thing is being built in Japan it's under OLC budget. I would think that the ride would be pretty close to the original concept.

Take this into consideration:

DCA's Tower reportedly cost between $90 and $100 million. TDL's is estimated at $190 million (US).

And unlike DCA's tower it appears to just loom over the entire American Waterfront area.

Anybody have any idea what it is they are building what seems behind the tower. It's shown in picture 64 on that site.

Have no idea -- but, I think some of us are worried (although OLC has a great reputation).

I 'hate' to bring up current WDW rides -- but something like Mission -- is VERY expensive (200 million +) -- and there is little plot or story behind it..., its touted as a simulator...

WDI just doesn't respect that for some of us, the point of visiting a theme park is to be entertained, not to be thrilled to death (or to the vomit bag) with intense or pedantic experiences (re: AK and EPCOT)

Sorry, some people love that sort of thing, not me.

TOT is great -- was on it the other night -- but often with these latter designed rides, artistry and technical prowess take center stage over something as simple as an entertaining narrative. That's kinda sad.

Today I was actually lamenting that MK WDW doesn't have Alice or Casey Jr or the Storyland Canal. Those sorts of things are awesome -- because they work on all levels. You can take your kids there and have them enjoy it, and you enjoy what's going on as well.

These huge a$$ rides are great only when they tell a great story. Space Mountain, Big Thunder mountain -- that is some cool stuff, but kids can ride them too because they won't go past 30 mph.

I just know WDI is filled with artists and engineers (we do really need them) but very few entertainers or even innovators for that matter. I guess when Walt left -- no one entertainer at heart took his place.

So, as much as I look really forward to an OLC project, I know who designs them, and those designers also design some of my least loved attractions. Money, or the amount of money spent has little to do with entertainment value when that money is being possibly spent on things that have little to do with entertaining people.

I'm an unfair biased person I know,

Jose.