TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Have you heard of it?

I live in El Paso Texas and the only amusement park here is Western Playland. It is never listed on roller coaster or amusement park websites. Has anybody ever heard or been to Western Playland. It is a small 16 acre amusement park but has some decent rides. The owner will be moving Western Playland to 66 acres of land where he will turn Western Playland into a more popular amusement park. I just wanted to know if Western Playland is known to people out of El Paso.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Western Playland is moving to Sunland Park New Mexico. They are moving because the city denied the park a 20 acre expansion for a CCI Woddie and a water park. The city wouldn't let it grow with El Paso. Western Playland has a Pinfari roller coaster. For Thrill rides they have, 90ft Drop Zone, Himalaya, Tilt-a-Whirl, a Round Up called La Ruleta, a Pharoh from Chance Rides, a Yo-Yo, a Scrambler, and a Paratrooper. They have three water rides, a log flume called Splahdown, A double water slide called Snake Mountain, and another called Tsunami. The have about 10 kiddie rides. Western Playland is more towards family fun than a thrilling coaster park. It is still a fun place to go. When they move they will take all the thrill rides and the roller coaster with them and leave the water rides and kiddie rides to finish out there contract. El Paso is a very stupid city when it comes to haveing fun stuff in the city. We had a chance to get a Six Flags and a Sea World and they said no. Now they are losing there only Amusement Park. I am gald Western Playland is moving. I willstill be able to go. The new park will have about 3 new thrill rides, a new sky glider, and a new roller coaster. They will expand little by litlle because now they have 66 acres compared to there 15 acre limit.