Fatal Roller Coaster Accident at Japan's Expoland

Police Raided the Park!?!? See Page 9
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Sat May 05, 2007 5:48 am

Carnage wrote:
Louise wrote:The caption on one site for the picture Robb posted at the top states that the part of the train "from which the seats fell off" is covered by the sheet, but then what's going on with that second car?? ::shock::

That sheet is probably covering up where the car impacted the guard rail.

The de-railed car is probably just where the train finally stopped.

I'd imagine the impact was probably pretty gruesome.

Ah, that makes more sense, understood. Very tragic, I feel for the deceased's family.

Just showed this to my mum. "But, but, Robb and Elissa won't still take you all there will they? Not after this?" ::D

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat May 05, 2007 7:19 am

^Hmm--your parents obviously don't know this site very well, do they?

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat May 05, 2007 7:27 am

Wow, that's pretty sad....and of all coasters, it would be a Togo haha. Death machines. hmm hit a guard rail, that's kinda odd because you would think that is something they would have checked. Is Golden Week their opening weekend? Wow, great start to the 2007 season!

They should have all ben riding Rap...I mean Orochi ;) , it's the white one too!
1_61_050506_japan.jpg
Looks like it pretty much derailed

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Sat May 05, 2007 7:47 am

Theres a news report with some shots of the incident on this site
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/videonews/ ... -soci.html

These 2 images show the scene in more detail. although its hard to see the impact point. I assume the death occured in that front left seat.

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Sat May 05, 2007 7:55 am

In this one - http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/img/MM20070505151241738L0.jpg

I think the body is under the blue tarp (and fuzzed out a bit)

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby imbordisux » Sat May 05, 2007 8:01 am

The whole "seats fell off" line had me puzzled for a second - made it sound like the actual seats came unscrewed from the base, now I see that it was a derailing.

Anyway, wow, what a horrible story. Really makes us all realize just how helpless we are when riding; we're completely strapped in, unable to move, and if something goes wrong, all we can do is anticipate the impact.

Scary.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Sat May 05, 2007 8:15 am

There have long been stories about the King Cobra at Kings Island de-railing shortly after it opened 1984, but with no fatalities.

I've searched long and hard, but can't find any sources reporting about this supposed accident. Of course, this was so long ago that any sort of news story would be hard to find.

I wonder if this points to some sort of design flaw in the Togo coasters, which doesn't exactly make sense as they've been running for decades without serious issues. If there is a design flaw, I think we'll see the rapid death of the Togo death machines in the very near future.

Anyway, this is very sad. This is about the last thing you expect to happen when you to to a park for a day of fun. Although it's obviously worse for the woman who died, imagine the horror of the other passengers on that train- being banged up and trapped on a train next to some serious real life gore. :(

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CoasterNut17 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:20 am

Where's the guard rail that it hit? Is that what caused the derailment also? All the people look so calm in the train...
Coaster Count: 94
Idiocy-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
www.coasterwarriors.com

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Sat May 05, 2007 8:49 am

^I think by guardrail, they mean the railing on the brake run. That's my interpretation at least.

This is all pretty crazy. Really sad. The couple in the first row of the third car really tell the story of what the scene was probably like.

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Sat May 05, 2007 9:01 am

It wasnt on the brake run. Most togo coasters (and coasters in asia have walkways with handrails around the full ride. Not just lifts and brakes.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!