TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Again don't want to spread anything but...

Okay don't want to spread anything but... I just read on a news site, which has been known to hit the nails on news like this, that Rookburgh's main attraction is indeed a coaster (Flying coaster from Vekoma). Keep in mind the park will not confirm this anytime soon so this is a rumor.

But it does make you think if they indeed place a coaster, so close after adding two, near the Night Hawk it seems pretty clear the next step is the removal of the ride.

Again this is nothing but a rumor, but I do see it as merit.

This post of my was posted on page 248 of this Thread Four pages and two and a half month (My post April 6th 2017 and announcement 20th June 2017) before the announcement of F.L.Y. took place.

Why bring this up now? The same website posted a tweet a couple of hours ago hinting to a opening tomorrow.

Tomorrow #EuropaPark opens The new VR-attraction #Yullbe and reportedly #Phantasialand opens the new area #Rookburgh , with Flying Coaster F.L.Y.

You get what we choose naturaly.

Source

Most of the time I would have ignored the tweet but this just put me on edge. I have no idea what to make of this yet, guess we have to wait but it did peak my interest. I wonder what you guys make of it.

That looks really cool! Would you rank this above or below Area 72 at Kings Island??? Also would you rank Fly above or below Orion?

Mystic Timbers is CLEARLY the better 'story driven' coaster all the way

My gracious, this new area and coaster looks fantastic. Looking at the park on Google Maps it's incredible how tightly woven in each attraction is. Easily one of the top bucket list parks for those who haven't been.

Rookburgh_Phantasialand_RideOnBlog_49d-2996-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpeg

Hotel Matamba has a coaster (Black Mamba) in front of the hotel but...

Hotel Charles Lindbergh has a coaster in front of your hotel room! That's (part of) the hotel to the left and right of the coaster track!

Man, that theming and attention to detail is amazing!! I’ve never been to this park but it seems to be a rare park that competes with Disney in terms of theming. Who owns this park?? They have some DEEP pockets!

It's a family business owned by the Löffelhardt family.

That looks really cool! Would you rank this above or below Area 72 at Kings Island??? Also would you rank Fly above or below Orion?

Mystic Timbers is CLEARLY the better 'story driven' coaster all the way

Ok, thanks! King’s Island is my home park. So sounds like I’ll have to fly to “Deutschland” soon.

This looks so cool! Also, I totally though the Hotel was fake, and just provided the theming for F.L.Y... but it is actually a real hotel, of some sort according to their website. Seems like it might be a boutique hotel, with a very small number of rooms.

Yes, and for now they are only selling bundles of hotel room plus a 2-day-ticket, breakfast, three-course dinner and a F.L.Y. fast pass.

This looks so cool! Also, I totally though the Hotel was fake, and just provided the theming for F.L.Y... but it is actually a real hotel, of some sort according to their website. Seems like it might be a boutique hotel, with a very small number of rooms.

Apparently the rooms are very small and based around the Japanese capsule hotel, but from what I get from the picture these are actual rooms.

Also booked for Sunday, fingers crossed? I believe this weekend I have the highest chance on riding it soon but if I can't a couple more rides on Taron, Black Mamba and Talcon are sure to sooth the pain.

It only has 3 fewer rooms than Matamba! There are rooms on both sides of both pieces of track in that picture, and more on the back side of the right tower!

There's a bar that's exclusively for guests of that hotel plus there's an exclusive entrance to the ride attached to the hotel, so they've really gone all out to tie the whole area together.

You can see how big the rooms are in this picture from the website:ga-kabine-02.jpg

...Yes, and for now they are only selling bundles of hotel room plus a 2-day-ticket, breakfast, three-course dinner and a F.L.Y. fast pass.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Cost? I know my Euros.

Phantasialand's theming is often impressive (the area around Taron, their launched Intamin, looks great). Vekoma has been on quite a roll lately, and I hope their latest take on their "Flying Dutchman" coasters works out.

...Yes, and for now they are only selling bundles of hotel room plus a 2-day-ticket, breakfast, three-course dinner and a F.L.Y. fast pass.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Cost? I know my Euros.

Yours for the bargain basement price of €400 during the week, €449 at the weekend!

I've seen on a German fan forum that these packages are only temporary and you'll be able to just book a room and tickets in the near future

F.L.Y. Review:

Manged to get two rides today, I have to say I did not expect the ride to compete with my most favorite coasters but it does. I mean the ride itself is on the tamer side, that was what I expected, but the theming there it has me. I didn't look up the queue before riding it and only saw some glimpses and I'm happy I didn't, For me the experience starts at the begging of the queue and if you get me this close to the ride in a well themed queue you instantly get bonus points, If I have to wait give me a distraction please. Then I entered the station and there I was sold naming the station Rookburgh Zentral Kai, Let's keep it that that means a lot to me and keep it at that. But seriously great experience.

I didn't expect that the first launch would be my favorite, usually the second just goes all out but F.L.Y. you pick up speed by the second launch but by the time you're up the hill it's all for nothing, the first launch however you get to enjoy the fruits off.

Music was great, I'm sure it's IMA Score again that's also a instant win for me, I love their work really do.

As for the main feature the turning seats, I did not expect it to feel so natural, like you're making some weird double movements but it's so smooth, I don't know if placing it in corners helps, but great odd experience.

All I can say now another great ride to the Phantasialand line up, really worth the years wait if you ask me.