TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Kings Island is closed tonight.

Kind of a bummer, but now I'm glad a paid a little extra to stay at Great Wolf Lodge!

Hopefully the weather is a little better tomorrow so we can hit up the park for a few hours after the zoo.

@PKI Jizzman - the water coaster here is pretty fun! I enjoyed it much more than the one at Kalahari.

^The Great Wolf has a pro slide magnetic water coaster that starts off with a B&M style pre-drop into the main drop. It's a really great water coaster. There's tons to do at the water park you'll have a blast!

I just looked that slide up and that looks like a great start to the slide!

The weather didn't get as bad as predicted, but the temps hovered just above freezing with a steady rain most of the night. I don't think it would have been a fun experience to be out in that.

It looks to he clear tonight, albeit colder. I'm hoping they'll open, but I doubt they'll open Mystic Timbers. But we'll see, maybe we can walk thru the park, do some ice skating.

Great to hear you enjoyed the pro slide coaster! It's still a great collection with the family raft ride, tube bowl, coaster, tantrum, and then lots of tube slides.

I forget - do that even have body slides? I don't remember any body slides.

Yeah that's a really solid water park, and probably the best water park in Cincinnati until KI added the new slide complex (prior to that it had been since 2004 since they added slides). But that's due to 0 competition and overpowering the only competition, the Beach, diagonal to them across the highway on the north side.

Great to hear you enjoyed the pro slide coaster! It's still a great collection with the family raft ride, tube bowl, coaster, tantrum, and then lots of tube slides.

I forget - do that even have body slides? I don't remember any body slides.

I haven't been to this particular Great Wolf, but all the others I've visited (Poconos, Williamsburg, Concord), the only body slides they've had have been as part of the Fort McKenzie kiddie play structure. They're usually pretty basic though and never particularly fast.

28 degrees but Mystic Timber running like a champ!

Saweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Kings Island is likely going to see some big numbers this weekend and next week - temps in the mid 50's. Great for Mystic Timbers rides, but it's going to be another Christmas without snow.

I'd love it if they did a Six Flags type line up, but clearly they have no interest in doing that. I was a little worried if MT would even open because of the cold, after seeing what other CF parks were doing with temps that weren't anywhere near as chilly.

I had a nice time at Winterfest. Being a Tuesday, it wasn't very crowded, and turned into a ghost town after the sun went down. I got about 10 rides on MT, that ride just makes me smile, even if I can't feel my face afterward.

The park was nicely decorated and even though it was fairly cold with temps getting down to the mid 20s, there were still actors and musicians out there performing.

And if I had any qualms about Orion (I didn't) before, seeing it in person would have ended that. It's amazing to look at and a lot of people will be eating crow after they ride it.

Orion.thumb.jpg.60a6009a00d0eb1c8540ddac15811bf7.jpg

#notageegee

Visited KI on Wednesday. High for the day was 27 and when I arrived around 7pm it was around 24 degrees out. I was shocked to see Mystic Timbers running! Even more shocking, they were running TWO trains! Got a fun, relatively slow ride in with about 6 of us total on the train. I believe they shut all the rides down (including the train) around 8pm when the temps dropped below 20. Super cold night but the park sure looked beautiful!