TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last Minute Disney Cruise tips

Hilltopper39

So our first Disney Cruise is this Friday, just a 3 day Very Merrytime Bahamian Christmas Cruise on the Disney Dream with my two girls (ages 7 and 4). We've pre-booked both the Princess Gathering and the Frozen Gathering, as well as the Bippity Boppity Boutique before the pirate night. We'd like to do Palo for brunch but still playing that by ear with schedules and everything.

Besides that, just wondering if anyone has any last minute tips for a first time Disney Cruise? Anything fun to bring with us on board for the trip for the stateroom/themed nights/etc? Are the "tastings" (wine, whiskey, martinis etc.) events on the ship worth doing? Any events on the daily schedule that are can't miss or really fun for kids (or adults) ?

For Castaway Cay and Nassau we probably won't even get off the boat in Nassau unless it's just to walk around and grab a few (slightly cheaper) drinks, and currently just planning to play around and explore Castaway Cay without booking any true activities unless there's something really fun and unique to look out for there.

So if anyone has some last minute tips or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really don't need to book anything at Castaway. If the girls needed to get some energy out or if the weather isn't great for the beach you could think about renting the bikes. We really enjoy that. Sounds like you have a lot of good stuff already booked. Three days goes by real fast so I wouldn't pre-book too much more, I know some people like the alcohol tastings but I don't think it's needed on such a short cruise. Palo Brunch is VERY much worth it! Make sure to check the Navigator (itinerary) every day for all of the random activities and characters. The ship and characters will be dressed up for Christmas so take advantage of it!

Thanks for the tips! Some of the alcohol tasting on the ship filled up immediately when the booking window opened but I don't think I've ever seen anyone review them before which was why I was curious. Might try to get into one if there are any still available on board but not gonna sweat it if we don't. It's a short cruise but we're hoping to do as much as we can. Per Twitter looks like you all are on one next week as well, so have fun and thanks again!