Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:19 pm
In a few weeks, I'm going to be spending a week in Dubai (plus a day in Abu Dhabi) with my family. I've been doing my due diligence of the culture and the attractions they have to offer as well as ways to get around, but nothing beats first hand experience and I was hoping you could possibly share some of yours.
1. Know of any good places to get discounted tickets for the theme parks, specifically Ferrari World? I found Go Dubai Card which has some discounts for the parks within Dubai, but does not have Ferrari World.
2. Do you have any personal recommendations for non-theme park related activities? It's a family trip first and a theme park trip second, so we're interested in all Dubai has to offer. There are so many awesome-looking things to do in Dubai that it's tricky to choose which ones we want to do in our short time there. We've already put in our consideration for Ski Dubai and the Burj Khalifa. The dune blasting video you posted looks awesome as well.
3. How easy is it to get around town? We'll be staying at a relative's apartment just outside of a metro station and plan on using the train whenever we can (or go as far as the train will take us and then take a taxi).
4. Any other tips or advice about the parks or the country that you found helpful? From what I read about the culture, it seems pretty straight forward that if you mind the dress codes and behave like a guest in their country you should generally be fine. But still, it's a new part of the world for me, so I'm sure to learn some things the travel blogs don't tell you.
Any amount of advice is appreciated, your trip reports have already been my go-to for the trip planning. If I have even half as much fun as it looks like you guys have had in the past, I will leave Dubai satisfied. Thanks!
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:24 pm
I can answer a bit...
1. We've always gone though group sales or PR so can't help too much here. You're not staying at a hotel where they would also have discount tickets.
2. I would say the top things would be: Ski Dubai, Burj Khalifa, Desert Safari, Beaches, Water Parks, Grand Mosque, Shopping (Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, especially)!
3. The metro can be VERY busy and has weird hours (due to religious stuff) but taxi's are plentiful and cheap. Just try to get a REAL, METERED taxi and not just a hired car (they are sometimes waiting outside of touristy areas) where they will overcharge you. I love the metro though for where and when you can use it.
4. Don't stress about any weird horror stories. Like you said, if you follow the rules, laws, and customs, you'll be more than fine! No PDA, no drugs, wear modest clothing, no cursing, etc. It's quite fine!
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:13 pm
Thanks for the response! I appreciate the list. Many of those locations were places I was already beginning to gravitate towards, so it will definitely help narrow the choices to fill out the gaps in our schedule. The advice on the metro and taxis was particularly helpful. Thanks again for your insight!
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.